Hopefull my last question regarding diagonal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefull my last question regarding diagonal lines

The tote bag that I saw at the shop had the diagonal lines that had two lines for each line section which gives the diamond and two line border look. I like this look. The lines were almost 1/4 inch apart. If I do mine this way can I still sew my first line from the middle of that corner or do I have to adjust it to one side of that middle of the corner? I hope this question makes sense. Being that I have never done this it is hard to picture it in my head how it would be after it is finish either way. Thanks!
    Last edited by HollyinWA; March 30, 2014, 09:13 PM.

Re: Hopefull my last question regarding diagonal lines

You don't need to worry about it. You'll see once you've completed the quilting that it won't matter. I would sew the first stitching from corner to corner and then sew the next stitching line next to it in the direction you are headed. I'm a very right-handed person so I would start at the corner and move to the right for the second line of stitching. Once I completed going to the right I'd turn the work and go in the opposite direction. Is this going to have a lining? You might consider using a double needle so you get two rows done at once. If you're not familiar with a double needle here's a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03QoutPNDU Of course you would only use the double needle if you're lining the bag, otherwise, the stitching won't look the same on the back of the sandwiched fabric.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 31, 2014, 04:26 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I did mine an inch apart and it takes a long time! Are you really doing it only a quarter inch apart?
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
        You don't need to worry about it. You'll see once you've completed the quilting that it won't matter. I would sew the first stitching from corner to corner and then sew the next stitching line next to it in the direction you are headed. I'm a very right-handed person so I would start at the corner and move to the right for the second line of stitching. Once I completed going to the right I'd turn the work and go in the opposite direction. Is this going to have a lining? You might consider using a double needle so you get two rows done at once. If you're not familiar with a double needle here's a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03QoutPNDU Of course you would only use the double needle if you're lining the bag, otherwise, the stitching won't look the same on the back of the sandwiched fabric.
        Thank you so much for your help. Also, thank you for reminding me of the double needle! I will look at that link you provided in a bit. I will let you know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
          I did mine an inch apart and it takes a long time! Are you really doing it only a quarter inch apart?
          LOL You are probably thinking I am nuts! But no, the diamonds will be at least an inch wide and I think a little wider. I am talking about each line having double lines...theses line will be 1/4 inch apart or maybe slightly less. So the sides of the diamonds have double lines for the sides. It look really nice on the bag I saw. You would know that I would choose the more complicated way. lol

Comment

Working...
          X