Color of thread for diagonal quilting on tote bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color of thread for diagonal quilting on tote bags

The part that needs quilting on the tote bag that I am doing is a very deep red...not an orange red. I chose a thread that blends with it but now I am wondering if it would be best to do a contrasting thread.....like a cream or tan. Since I have not done any totes before and have not even really looked at many with studying eyes, I am not sure which would look better.

What do most of you do who make bags? I already top stitched the pocket part with the red type thread. This part is a different fabric and has a definite print on it. I could take it out but rather not. It is just a straight line going from left to right at the top of the pocket...no other stitching.

Re: Color of thread for diagonal quilting on tote bags

If you like the look, I would leave it. I think you could go matching or contrasting, whichever suits your mood. Both are likely to be appealing. You could do some samples on scraps to 'audition' your threads and see what you prefer. Or, you could always post pictures here and we'll all vote for you...
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
      If you like the look, I would leave it. I think you could go matching or contrasting, whichever suits your mood. Both are likely to be appealing. You could do some samples on scraps to 'audition' your threads and see what you prefer. Or, you could always post pictures here and we'll all vote for you...
      Thank you. I am muddling it over. I don't have any loose scraps yet with the fabric since I am supposed to quilt before I cut. I did hold the thread up to it, but I am not sure. The red seems to get lost but I am not sure if that is a bad thing. The tote that they had at the shop had contrasting thread but the color of fabric was different...not as deep as this fabric. I hope that makes sense. I tend to over think things...a perfectionist with stuff like this. lol

Comment

I think I am going to go for the red....I put each color up to the fabric and I may be the safest with the Red since I cannot really test it.

Comment

Working...
        X