Mixing batiks with non-batiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixing batiks with non-batiks

Anyone ever mixed a Batik with fabric that is regular cotton? Any problems? Found the perfect color match but not sure about the compatibility. Pattern is the simple Yellow Brick Road.

Re: Mixing batiks with non-batiks

I have used Kona solids as background fabric.
    Vonnie

Comment

I love scrappy quilts and will mix batiks with regular cottons.
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

My favorite quilt I've ever done is a mixture of regular fabrics and batiks. I did pre-wash everything, and had absolutely no problems. I say, go for it!
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

This is made with batiks and cottons. I had no problems with it.

maple_leaf2.jpg
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I have made one quilt top that is a combination of batik fabric and regular cotton. I like the way the deep saturated colors of the batik contrast with the detailed coloration of the regular cotton. It is not quilted or washed yet.

If i you plan to wash the finished quilt a lot I agree that you should prewash both the cotton and the batiks. The difference in thread density means they will shrink at a different rate from each other.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Working...
            X