Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversable Quilt

Hi,

I am working on my first quilt. I am making a quilt for my granddaughter who will be 2 next month. I am using Oink A Doodle Moo material since my granddaughter loves coming to the farm to see the chickens and the horse.
    My question is about making two quilt tops per say. The front of the quilt has a panel in it and I have added a charm pack to border the panel along with a white sashing. Along with the charm pack squares, I plan on making larger squares from a jelly roll of the same print. For the back of the quilt I want to use the Oink A Doodle Moo farm scene. I want to quilt both the front and the back separately. Is this possible? Also what kind of batting should I use?

Thanks for your help. Look forward to any help I receive.

Re: Reversable Quilt

I think it is technically possible, but I have not tried it. You can quilt each "top" to just batting, but you will still need to do some type of quilting to connect the two of them. I would use a fairly thin batting, since you would have 2 layers of batting.

If you do an overall type design, that would look good on both sides and you wouldn't have to worry about the 2 layers of batting, etc.

I love the Oink-a-doodle-moo line - I did a falling charms with the farm scene as the backing. I have another charm pack - not sure what pattern I will do with it.

IMG_1266.jpg
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I think a large meander would look great on both sides. They are going to be pretty much the same colors. Or you could do both sides and do ties. I think it's a lot of trouble for a toddler quilt though.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

If it was me, I would use flannel instead of batting. You can buy flannel that is 58 - 69" wide. Wash and dry before using. You can then quilt the top to one flannel, then quilt the back to flannel, the trim, then lay the back down with the flannel on the bottom, lay the top/flannel down on the back with the top facing the back. The sew a half inch seam all the way around except for a 8 - 10" gap. The turn the quilt right side out. Whip stitch the opening close. The stitch 1/4" all around the edge. Then either by hand or by machine do a tacking stitch every 3 to 4 inches.
        Vonnie

Comment

Working...
        X