What would you pick as the accent/sashing color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you pick as the accent/sashing color

Oh - if you decide on the exploding square, you could easily alternate solid colors.
    Vonnie

Comment

I would finish the top first personally and then decide. I do that in case i have more of one color on the edges of the finished top that is the same as the border i planned to use. I just dont like using a border that may make a block look like it kind of blends or bleeds into the boder. Hope that makes sense, and thts just my weierd habit i have developed over time.
      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I love the dark red with yellow,or yellow. Lovely line, what a beautiful quilt this will make!

Comment

Originally posted by Davidsgirl08 View Post
          I found a marble cream by the same designer left from another quilt in my stash that matches perfect. I looked at the square in square tutorial I'm only doing 30 blocks I'm not going to use any cream prints. My new question is has anyone done that tutorial? I only have 1 1/4 yard and no hope of finding extra is that enough? I read the comments below the tutorial and a few commented that the honey bun was not enough fabric for the quilt.
          If you are talking about using the cream for a 1-1/2" around each charm you would need 2 pieces 5" and 2 pieces 7". So 24" per charm times 30 would be 720 linear inches divided by 40(to be safe) would be 18 strips wof or 27", that's assuming using every inch which you would not be able to do but it looks like you have enough. Or you could think about every 1-1/2" strip would be enough for 8 of the 5" pieces and you need 60 so that would be 8 strips and every wof would be enough for 5 of the 7" pieces and you need 60 so 12 strips. That adds up to 20 strips times 1-1/2 would be 30". Hopefully this math is right.
          Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I kinda like the cream colors ..... I think they would really make the colors pop.
            My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

I am currently obsessed with orange so that is definitely what I would chose. Sounds like it would tie in well with your backing fabric too.

Comment

Originally posted by vchale View Post
                If you are talking about using the cream for a 1-1/2" around each charm you would need 2 pieces 5" and 2 pieces 7". So 24" per charm times 30 would be 720 linear inches divided by 40(to be safe) would be 18 strips wof or 27", that's assuming using every inch which you would not be able to do but it looks like you have enough. Or you could think about every 1-1/2" strip would be enough for 8 of the 5" pieces and you need 60 so that would be 8 strips and every wof would be enough for 5 of the 7" pieces and you need 60 so 12 strips. That adds up to 20 strips times 1-1/2 would be 30". Hopefully this math is right.
                You've done the math for the inner sashing, between the charms and the jelly strips, but there is a second sashing between blocks according to Jenny's tutorial:

If I am right, the blocks are 11" squares (unfinished). Assuming the layout is 5 by 6 blocks, you need 824" linear inches more, that is 21 strips 1 1/2" by WOF, wich are 31" more inches of fabric required.

Comment

Working...
                X