Quicky question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicky question

If you are using pounce or pen and a stencil do you do this before or after you sandwich the quilt? I have read differing opinions. Thanks in advance.
    Judy

Re: Quicky question

I always do it before I sandwich a quilt. I like it to be marked on a flat surface that does not have batting and backing attached.
    Marcy

Comment

I would think with a pen you could do it before, but if you did it with chalk before sandwiching...wouldn't the chalk wipe off when you're smoothing the quilt?
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I do mine after its sandwiched and pressed. Then I will have a nice surface to pounce or use my ceramic pencil and stencils
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I do it after its sandwiched and pressed and pinned together. I use iron of pounce or frixion pens. They stay put until you press.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I do it after. If you have to iron it again after sandwiching and you have pounced it, it's all going to disappear and you will have to do it again. Also, I rub my hands over the fabric to smooth it out while sandwiching it, and it would wipe/smear the pounce around.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
              I would think with a pen you could do it before, but if you did it with chalk before sandwiching...wouldn't the chalk wipe off when you're smoothing the quilt?
              I have the iron-off pounce so I can use it before sandwiching without fear of losing the design. By the way, for anyone interested, I watched a few youtube videos today - one was called What To Quilt On Your Quilt (Quilting Expressions) that was very interesting. The other was Quilt It: Pointers for Choosing a Quilt Design. They are a little lengthy, but had a lot of valuable information.
              Judy

Comment

Working...
              X