X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turena65
    replied
    Re: Mini Dresden plate

Love, love, love.... dresdens are one of my all time favorites... Beautifully done!

Leave a comment:

• HandsOffItsMine
    replied

Love it on the rosy/coral background, think you can do a smaller circle as it only needs to be about 1/4" bigger than the original hole. Pulling a yellow/gold out of one of the fabric would really make it pop like Vonnie said. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

The flowers are very pretty.

I vote for yellow or gold for the centers.

Leave a comment:

• asta
    replied

Those look sooo nice! I just have to get myself a dresden template and do one.

Leave a comment:

• Lovebugswoman
    replied

Hi all,
    If I could ask your opinion before I sew anything down. There's something....but I'm not sure what. Maybe I need to add something to the centers of the flowers. Maybe the flowers are too far apart. Thoughts and comments are soooo appreciated.
    Step 4 - Leaves & Stems.JPG

Leave a comment:

• DMac
    replied

These are looking pretty, can't wait to see them as flowers.

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

That is going to be sew pretty! Nice job!!!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

They look great! I like them on the coral/red/pink/salmon colored background - not exactly sure what color it is, but they show up so nicely on it, much better than on the white or even the blue.

Leave a comment:

• Lovebugswoman
    replied

They came together nicely so now I have 3 done and I'm just deciding what the background fabric, inner circles and boarder should be. So they are going to be flowers. I decide that I wanted it to be a wall hanging so I'm making the Dresden to be flowers with stems and leaves.
    Here's my progress to date.
    After123.jpgChain Piecing.jpgcream background.jpgPink background.jpgStep 1.jpgStep 2.jpgAfter123.jpgBlue Background.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

Snoopy_Woodstock.gif
    Awwww....Thanks Jean!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Kathy, throw in Snoopy/Peanuts with the dresden plates, and you really are the Dresden Queen! Every time I see Snoopy fabric, I think of you!

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

Wonder if she has sewn it yet! Can't wait to see....

Leave a comment:

• ILove2quilt
    replied

I can't wait to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Jen7
    replied

Trust what bk says, it will shrink some once the blades are sewn together. I will say I'm not sure if it's just an optical illusion, but it seems like it could be too many blades for their length?...

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    I can't wait to see this either!!! I just don't understand how it's going to shrink down enough....but the wizard has spoken, so it must be true!
    Taking a bow but I don't really deserve the title......There are others on here that are way better than I am.....I just yik yak about it more than they do!
    I L O V E doing Dresdens and I love being called the Queen.....I just need to let you know and acknowledge that I am not the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X