Alter ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alter ego

Can anyone tell me if they have made this quilt? Is the pattern for it in the current Block magazine?
    Judy

Re: Alter ego

Judy - it isn't in the first issue of Block.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

It's in one of the QQ magazines. The Fall 2013 issue. It seems to be still available at the shop if you want to order it.

Quilting Quickly Bookazine - Fall 2013 - Fons & Porter

Comment

Yes, I just completed an "Alter Ego" quilt, and used the same colors illustrated in the tutorial ("Lovely"). I used two layer cakes and made a larger quilt. It turned out beautifully! I viewed the tutorial for the directions. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sew Joyful View Post
          Yes, I just completed an "Alter Ego" quilt, and used the same colors illustrated in the tutorial ("Lovely"). I used two layer cakes and made a larger quilt. It turned out beautifully! I viewed the tutorial for the directions. Enjoy!
          I was looking to make a queen sized quilt - 2 layers will do it?
          Judy

Comment

Two layer cakes produced 84 completed blocks. I used 81 blocks and made the quilt 9 blocks across, 9 down. Before adding the borders, the quilt top measured about 84x84 inches. With the borders, it would work well for a queen sized bed. I thought it was easier to use two layer cakes, as I made all of one layer cake into four-patches, and the hourglass blocks with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sew Joyful View Post
              Two layer cakes produced 84 completed blocks. I used 81 blocks and made the quilt 9 blocks across, 9 down. Before adding the borders, the quilt top measured about 84x84 inches. With the borders, it would work well for a queen sized bed. I thought it was easier to use two layer cakes, as I made all of one layer cake into four-patches, and the hourglass blocks with the other.
              Perfect - thanks!
              Judy

Comment

Originally posted by jsmetcalf View Post
                Perfect - thanks!
                No problem! It is an easy quilt to construct, but beautiful and intricate when completed! Impressive to the audience.

Comment

Hi
                  I made this quilt, love it! The pattern was in Quilting Quickly, Fall 2013 issue and was called Pocket Full of Posies. I used the magazine for fabric amounts, but did it the way Jenny did in tutorial. Much easier way than cutting triangles!
                  Do you need some info, just PM me and I'll be glad to help.
                  Bev
                  Quilting is a gift I give myself.
                  Bev

Comment

That one is still on my "to do" list; I have a Let It Snow layer cake on standby. You have to plan ahead if you only have only one layer cake (not your situation) because you really need to have a multiple of 4 to make the two sets of blocks. But I think I've figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X