Appliqué or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appliqué or not ?

Ok, has anyone used appliqué on baby blankets, I've got a really cute Noah's ark panel, putting a jungle print broader around it , the panel also came with Noah's ark animals, I already put wonder. Under on the animals and cut them out. Then I got to thinking, will this hold up under many washes. Plus I'm going to do a blanket stitch around they animals. Any one done this? Or should I leave the extra animals out. I'd post a photo but I can't figure it out
    Maureen 

Re: Appliqué or not ?

Well, yes I have, and I love the effect. If the link works, I am posting a picture link of two baby quilts I made with applique boats, and I also did a machine blanket stitch around them. They are among my most favorite quilts so far. I think you should go for it with the extra animals, it will be adorable.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/mem...jelly-roll.JPG
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

The quilt I just made for my granddaughter is appliqué ( photo in my album). I've seen several baby appliqué quilts get everything stitched good and it will be perfect. Hope to see it when your done.
      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I will just to it! I can't figure out posting pictures yet
        Maureen 

Comment

Thanks, I'm going to do it! If I can figure out how to post pictures , I will
          Maureen 

Comment

Yes, your link worked, nice blanket
            Maureen 

Comment

I did lots of machine applique pieces in the past. I am working on getting back into machine applique now. But I used the satin stitch (very very close zigzag stitch) and at different widths, and NEVER did any of them come undone or have any fraying problems. By hand, don't know.
              Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a lap quilt that my DMIL made for me Christmas of 2000. The label has an appliqued rose on it where she used fusible under it and a tiny zigzag along the edges. It has been washed several times (kids and dogs) and the applique has held up better than the binding.
                Vonnie

Comment

I've done hand tacking and machine satin stitch on my appliques. Both methods have held up well. No fraying and thru many wash & dry cycles. I sew them on before sandwiching, but you can do them after it's been quilted. Just depends on the "look" you like the best.

Hope you figure out how to add a picture. I'd love to see some applique work.
                  Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                  X