quilting wall was i dreaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: quilting wall was i dreaming?

Hey Divine Daisy, I recently converted my son's old bedroom into a quilt study and office and have made the quilt wall myself. It has turned out fantasitc. I got the idea of a quilting wall from Patsy Thompson Designs but altered it just a bit. Instead of ceiling tiles, I used two sheets of wall board insulation. you know the kind that comes in 4ftX8ft sheets. it is pink and sold at Home depot or Lowes. I measured my wall and cut the boards to fit my space. The sheets are easy to cut and are styrofoam so they are very light weight. I used liquid nail glue( comes in a tube you apply with a caulking gun) and glued the boards to my wall. Of couse you need to know they attach permanent to your wall so no changing minds once you apply I love it. When I am not using the wall to based my quilt together it makes for a great space to pin samples too or arrange quilt designs. I have to open windows when applying basting spray but it works fantastic. Pasty Thompson has a great video on this. PatsyThompsonDesigns.com. I also liked the fact that I did it myself!!If you need any help or have questions, I would be happy to help. Please e mail me at [email protected]
    Ps My wall mesures 8ft wide and 6ft 10inches high with the boards attached. Good luck. Happy Quilting Marti

Comment

Thanks so much Marti!

i have some frames covered in plywood on their way to which i will attach either the ceiling tiles or board insulation and (i hope) hey presto! The purpose of the frame is to make the wall modular so that i can hang them on the wall firmly but can also remove to store. This way i can cover the whole wall when i need to or a smaller area. My sewing room has to double as a guest bedroom, although (coughs) at the moment guests are being discouraged while i make my king sized quilt. i mean, my pieces, fabric, and 'stuff' are more important than guests who might want (gasp) me to stop sewing and do some cooking AND may want space to sleep! Dont you call agree? Priorities ladies........ priorities.

Mine at the moment are 'stay clear unless you are a) willing to take care of yourselves or b) sit and cut pieces, Its amazing how grown up children arriving for sunday lunch tail off when they have a template and cutter placed in their hands when they arrive. i do however take a break to feed the old man on occasions. Its amazing how men can whine if you let them get TOO hungry! ( did i mention that i have 320 dresdon blades to cut for this *** quilt?) and then theres the blocks and the rectangles an an an............. Who has time to do other things when there are blades to cut? Eh? Eh?

ok i may sound a little blade crazy tonight
      Blog
      http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Dear Divine Daisy!!! you are certainly my kind of girl!!!! Would love to share space with you, seems that all I do is cut and sew and I just love it. Thanks for all the laughs and the pointers too!!! Lana P>S> If you let the hubby get hungry enough they learn how to cook, mine did!!!! I love it.

Comment

Working...
        X