Batiks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batiks

I just bought my first JR and layer cake of Batiks; anything I need to know before I start making something out of it? It is Christmas fabric, so I have plenty of things to finish before I tackle it. but am trying to think ahead.

I was looking for some info from previous posts, but can't seem to locate anything.
    :icon_wave: Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Re: Batiks

Start with a new needle as batiks are woven more tightly. And use several Color Catchers when you wash your quilt for the first time. Other than that, treat batiks exactly as you would you other cotton fabrics.

Comment

The only problem I've had with batiks is hand stitching the binding. It took some pushing to get the needle through the fabric.

Comment

As said a new needle and sharp because it's so dense. Quilting with batiks

I'm starting a batik quilt today too!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

You might want to check to see if your squares are 10". The ones I used were not. Also it can be very hard to tell right side from wrong.
          Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

If you are going to use batiks for binding, you need to be extra careful when joining binding strips, because it is difficult to distinguish the front from the back. Please share your work. Looking forward to it :-)
            Preeti
            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

With batiks there is no front or back you can use whatever side you want. That's what makes it so nice to work with. I'm working on a quit with batiks and I'll put it on here as soon as I have the blocks together.
              Ginger snaps :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
              X