Misty Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misty Fuse

I am going to applique some simple shapes and would like to keep the quilt soft as opposed to "stiff". Is Misty Fuse the product to use, are there any things I should know to help make it easier? Thanks

Re: Misty Fuse

I have only used Heat n Bond Light,, perhaps a bit heavier,, but I like the solid paper backing to trace and cut from... also the "seal" has always been very good for me... there is "Wonder Under" as well,, but I have heard a lot of talk about the misty fuse being extremely light and favored by some... I would try a little piece of them all and see what you like!!! GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I just did an applique quilt using misty fuse. We traced the applique design onto parchment paper, then using the misty fuse, you place it between the paper and the wrong side of the fabric and iron to adhere the misty fuse to the fabric. Cut the design out, then removed the parchment paper and iron the applique onto the block and you are ready to stitch it down.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I usually use steam a seam 2. Its light weight. I don't like the stiffness of heat and bond and wonder under leaves a lot to be desired. I have not used misty fuse but would like to try.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have heard good things about Misty Fuse but have not used it. For three pillows with appliqués, I have used Steam-a-Seam 2 (Lite, I think it might be called) and it worked well. I did a blanket stitch around the edges of all of the appliqués and my needle never got sticky. Also, the fabric stayed very soft even where the appliqués were.

sigpic
          Marci

Comment

Superior has a video on appliqués using their thread that is fusible and I recently used it to turn under the edge of an appliqué. I like it.
            I have not used Misty Fuse, so I can't compare, but the fusible thread does allow you to cut out the 2nd layer bulk and there is no stiffness.

Comment

Thanks to everyone's help. I tried the misty fuse/parchment method and it worked beautifully

Comment

Misty Fuse is my favorite!
                Cathryn

Comment

Working...
                X