thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thread

I started today with #8 cotton and i dont know why i waited so long. yes i use a bigger needle and the stitches are so much bigger. but this is the answer to my RA. Is it possible to use a #10 threade and has anyone used other sizes???
    Thanks so much
    I LOVE JESUS

Re: thread

Originally posted by aqua-teal71 View Post
    I started today with #8 cotton and i dont know why i waited so long. yes i use a bigger needle and the stitches are so much bigger. but this is the answer to my RA. Is it possible to use a #10 threade and has anyone used other sizes???
    Thanks so much
    YES! I used #10 for my King Sized Hour Glass quilt and it was great. It is easier to find, cheaper to purchase, and just minimally smaller in size, so it's easier to pull through, but plenty big enough for texture and 'impact' in your quilting.
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

thank you thank you, i found more 10 than 8 and wondered if i could use it also. more colors also. AWESOME-thanks for your help
      I LOVE JESUS

Comment

I have some #12 thread that I tried using in FMQ (way too thick, but I had to try) and I'm thinking it would be good for the primitive hand quilting by just doubling it over.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Just for my information, where have you all found the best selection of this cotton thread?
          I'm thinking it may be useful for hand embroidering on crazy quilts, what do you think?
          May the road rise up to meet you...
          May the wind be always at your back...
          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
            Just for my information, where have you all found the best selection of this cotton thread?
            I'm thinking it may be useful for hand embroidering on crazy quilts, what do you think?
            I think it would be terrific a thick embroidering thread. I find it at Joann's and Walmart, it has only been about $1.49 and lots of colors.
            sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
              I think it would be terrific a thick embroidering thread. I find it at Joann's and Walmart, it has only been about $1.49 and lots of colors.
              Thanks Miss Sheri!
              I have a couple of Joann's near me, not sure about Wal-mart. Ours doesn't carry fabric, but maybe they will have the thread..
              May the road rise up to meet you...
              May the wind be always at your back...
              May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
              Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

i did find some at hobby lobby, joann, and hancocks. spent all day tracking down thread.
                I LOVE JESUS

Comment

Working...
                X