Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ! My chalk marks aren't coming off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I marked my eggplant purple border with white fabric chalk, pencil type, used dry. I tried erasing marks with eraser at end of pencil but you can still see the marks. Also tried with damp microfiber cloth and that didn't work either. Haven't been able to wash entire quilt in washing machine yet bc I still have to quilt the borders. Was trying to remove some chalk lines bc I changed my mind about motif for corner blocks. I have been working on this one for a year and it's 98% finished. Help, anybody!! Thanks.

Re: HELP ! My chalk marks aren't coming off.

I have an eraser that is specifically for chalk pencils. Perhaps that would work better? Other than that, I haven't a clue. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Comment

What brand is it? If you know you could go to their website to check on what to do in this case. Some say do not iron over it or you will just set the mark in the fabric.
      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I marked my eggplant purple border with white fabric chalk, pencil type, used dry. I tried erasing marks with eraser at end of pencil but you can still see the marks. Also tried fanning with damp microfiber cloth and that didn't work either. Haven't been able to wash entire quilt in washing machine yet bc I still have to quilt the borders. Was trying to remove some chalk lines bc I changed my mind about motif for corner blocks. I have been working on this one for a year and it's 98% finished. Help, anybody!! Thanks.

Comment

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/qui...oming-off.html

Replied there earlier. Others may have different ideas. But I would first look into the brand and its instructions then go from there.
          Last edited by Jess1377; March 21, 2014, 03:21 PM.
          Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
          X