Minkee Rag quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minkee Rag quilt

Hey everyone! I have a quick question. Am going to make a minkee rag quilt and am wondering if I should use minkee for the back of each square or flannel. Does it matter?

Re: Minkee Rag quilt

Don't know if it matters. I did one with flannel on the back ( had charm packs of both fabrics) and it went together very easily - no stretching or sliding. I only had 40 Minky squares so it is really small . Next time I am back in the States I want to buy more. It was a fun project and came out so so soft!
    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
    Hillary Clinton

Comment

I would go with the minky if that is what will be on the front!

Comment

I made minky rag quilts for both my grandkids recently. I used two layers of flannel for the top and all minky squares for the back. I did not have any problems with stretching. The kids love their quilts and they get dragged everywhere.

Comment

This is good to know. Still waiting for the Safari Minky layer cakes to be restocked. I want minky on the back because it is so snuggly. Also more durable than flannel and I believe the back of the quilt will get more abuse. I know my youngest wore out the backs on his quilts until I made him a rail fence with minky on the back - no holes and it's been 7 years. But, that does not stop him from thinking he needs another quilt. He's picked out the focus fabric and is just waiting for me to finish his brother's quilt. He has asked me to take him to the fabric store to let him pick out the other fabrics.
          Vonnie

Comment

One thing to remember is that minky does not rag.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think that it matters. For the one that I did and I've got planned, I am doing minky on both sides because the kiddos love the feel of the minky so much.

Comment

I did two minkee rag quilts, with flannel on the back. They came out really cute. I used 100 squares of each, good size for a baby.
                Pics are in my album.
                April

Comment

Working...
                X