Quilting Motifs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Motifs

Does anyone own something like "501 Quilting Motifs" or do you use patterns from another source? I have quilting paper and pounce to be able to transfer designs, but want to have a ready supply of patterns. I don't really want to purchase a bunch of stencils. Any ideas?
    Judy

Re: Quilting Motifs

I do own that, for tracing the patterns onto paper and then sewing the design and removing the paper.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I read an article written my Liz Porter. She reminded us of when we were kids and made paper snowflakes. In this case, a quilting motif. Take a square of freezer paper and fold it like you would for a snow flake. Then cut out a design and unfold it. You can now place it on your quilt and either pin it in place or trace around it, then quilt it. I did this for a quilt that I made for a Christmas present. It was a queen size quilt and had large 12" squares that needed quilting. Mine turned out to look like a Medevil shield.
      Vonnie

Comment

There are several sources of quilting patterns on the internet as I am sure you know, But a good way I will do it is I take my pattern put it under the material where I want it and trace it on my material. I usally lay it on a white service and you can see it , or you can use a light box. you can also trace you pattern on copy paper or make copies of the pattern and pin it to your material and sew write on the paper and then tear it away . Or you can use freezer paper and draw your design on the dull side of the paper and with a large needle used for thick material sew around the pattern and use that as a pattern with your chalk, that work quite good. Anyway this are some of the things I have used, hope some of them will help.
        Lynn R

Comment

Try the library for books,. I've copied patterns out of the library books before. You can also check 2nd hand bookstores, or even Goodwill. I found a quilt pattern book there a couple of weeks ago for $.50. You just never know where you'll find a treasure.

Comment

Working...
          X