Texture Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texture Question

I am working on a pattern that says I need 1 green texture fabric. What does this mean? What is texture fabric? When I have a question I know to come here, because I always get answers, and quickly. Thanks to all for being here and sharing your knowledge..

Re: Texture Question

I believe that means a tone on tone fabric. There will be no other color in the fabric, just one lighter or darker green on top of another.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Stonehenge is a great texture fabric, it isn't a solid but a nice blend of color dots. I used it in this triple Irish Chain quilt.

image.jpg

Jinny Beyer has a wonderful collection of texture fabrics, 150 colors to choose from. Also Moda Marbles work when you need color with texture.

Comment

Thank you. I do love tone on tone, much nicer than plain fabric. Thanks for the help. Will check out Stonehenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          Stonehenge is a great texture fabric, it isn't a solid but a nice blend of color dots.
          I love Stonehenge fabrics! I bought an earthtone jelly roll of it (they call it something else but that's what it is) and would like to make a JRR quilt with applique coneflowers on it. If I wasn't so afraid of machine applique I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Good luck on your quilt, Jerseyj. Make sure you show it to us when it's done!
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Stonehenge? Stonehenge? Stonehenge? MY FAVORITE fabric of all time. Anyone who doesn't love it . . . well . . .
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thank you. I have no way to show pics but maybe one day . Thanks again to all for replies.

Comment

Working...
              X