Pinwheel Irish Chain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinwheel Irish Chain?

I really like this 'traditional design but haven't been able to find a pattern for it. To me a looks like a 9 patch of pinwheels joined to the same sized white square ignoring, of course, the star in the middle of the white which I think may have been appliqued. Do you agree? Is it worth having a go? Hope the pic works - sometimes it does and sometimes not

pinwheel irish chain for mscq.jpg

Re: Pinwheel Irish Chain?

Pinwheel Block - Four HSTs - this was easy :-)
    Star Block - 12 HSTs + 4 squares. I believe it is the Lemoyne Star (a bit complicated, but not really, when you see it is just composed of HSTs)
    http://www.multi-patch.com/assets/im...ne_Star_OL.gif

Look up Cozy Quilt Designs on youtube for a tutorial.
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love this one!! I have seen it before and I do agree with you. I thought it would be awesome with a pinwheel in the center instead of the star!

Comment

Here is the tutorial for Lemoyne magic from Cozy quilt design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVvXDcjThc
        sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
        A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
        And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Oh, this is beautiful! And, yes, it does look like an Irish chain made with pinwheels instead of 4- or 9-patches. I'm sure one of the more experienced quilters can explain about those stars. Wow; would love to be able to do this.

Comment

I love this one too! Thanks for the info and links. I think it will be next on my TO DO list!

Or one from Moda Bake Shop called Windy Days. I couldn't link it correctly. I just has large and small pinwheels throughout the quilt; no stars. Both are very cute I think.
            Last edited by Lindagie; March 20, 2014, 11:29 AM.
            :icon_wave: Linda
            "Home is where they love you"

Comment

That is an awesome quilt idea. I've been wanted to try an irish chain, but I think this is a bit out of my league. I'll drool over it anyway.

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! You should totally make this!

Comment

Thanks for the input peeps - just to decide what to put in the alternate block. (Jennyann - another pinwheel might be it) Preeti - just finished the Big Star quilt and don't think I want to see another star for a long time. Thanks for the link though. Pandabear - don't think the pinwheel Jenny's way would be any more difficult than the 9-patch you would use for a single Irish chain so go for it!

Comment

Working...
                  X