Does this need sashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this need sashing?

I am making this for my Grandson's 3rd birthday. I can't decide if it needs sashing and if so what colour? The pattern I was copying does not have it. I need to decide so I know how many more rows to do. I was going to add a thin red border then green or just a wider red border.
    Opinions please, thanks in advance.
    Picture sideways again, does anybody know why this happens?
    Attached Files
    ​Robyn

Re: Does this need sashing?

Maybe a sashing would be good. The little red squares seem to get lost in the sea of blue and the print. Maybe a thin red strip.

About the sideways picture--are you using an ipad? Always take the picture landscape with the start button on the right, then they won't be sideways or upside down.

Comment

I think some thin red sashing would look lovely, but........no, it doesn't need it. It looks great as it is and to me, the red squares stand out quite well. Either way, it's lovely and I love that fabric.
      I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
      Lorraine

Comment

I agree with Jean...a thin red border and then I would use some of the printed fabric and then lastly a border of the green material. Very cute quilt...your grandson is sure to love it.
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

It doesn't NEED it, but a thin red border would frame it well
          Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

I think a sashing would break it up a bit and compliment the adorable fabric.
            Lucky grandson!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              About the sideways picture--are you using an ipad? Always take the picture landscape with the start button on the right, then they won't be sideways or upside down.
              Thanks Jean, now I know how to get my pics right side up..
              May the road rise up to meet you...
              May the wind be always at your back...
              May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
              Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for all your advice/suggestions.
                ​Robyn

Comment

I opened this post yesterday and saw mostly green blocks. Today, I opened it and at first look, I saw the blue first. I think that I would continue with the blue and red squares framing the quilt and then a binding. Since I'm partial to stripe bindings, I would try that first. Red and white or black and white or the obvious choice of red. But I think I would give a stipe a try just to add something different.

Comment

Thanks, I have actually changed my layout to the blocks with the red squares framing the quilt and it looks much better.
                    ​Robyn

Comment

I love your idea.. this is a cute quilt... love the fabric!
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                      X