BLOCK subscription FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLOCK subscription FYI

For those who subscribed to BLOCK late (I subscribed the end of February) just an FYI - depending on how late you subscribed, you may not automatically receive the first magazine as part of your subscription. I asked if I would automatically receive the first one through my subscription, or if because I subscribed late would I need to order the first magazine through the MSQC store and they told me I would need to order just the first magazine through the store and after that they would be automatically shipped/charged.

Just wanted to let those who are waiting for their first magazine know that they may need to order it themselves. You might want to check with MSQC before ordering a copy - I received an email answer in a few days. I can't wait to get my order - it sounds like the magazine is worth the wait!
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Re: BLOCK subscription FYI

I wonder what the cutoff date was for a person to receive the first issue. Does anyone know? I am sure that some people who received their copy subscribed and were billed after I did. I may have to ask MSQC about that to be sure.
    :icon_wave: Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

i subscribed when they first offered it and still haven't received it.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Well that sucks. I subscribed around the end of February but there was no mention that I wouldn't receive the first issue. Had some computer issues that prevented me from subscribing any earlier. I've been stalking the mail carrier just waiting for BLOCK to arrive. They should notify those who will not be receiving the 1st issue!!

Comment

I responded as soon as they offered the subscription, but still have not received mine. I guess I will order one, and if I have two I will give my niece one.
          Have a Sewonderful Day,
          Mary T.

Comment

I'd like to know when the deadline was too. I messed up and tried again on the 13th.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Has your credit card been charged $5.99?
              Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                Has your credit card been charged $5.99?
                Yes it was charged. I was just concerned because of what Dawn brought up. It was Feb 13th, forgot to mention that.

Maybe Al will come by and let us know the answer.
                Last edited by Hulamoon; March 16, 2014, 04:21 AM.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I would say that if you subscribed after the 15th you should probably contact the store.
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

I was charged on Feb 19th and received my magazine on March 11th.

I remember reading that they would place the charge just before shipping every time.

Will Al notice this post or will you need to send him a PM?

I was wondering, for those who get the digital, what format it is in. The reason why I'm curious is because if someone wants to print it out, how will it look? The magazine is square but our printer paper is not.
                    Vonnie

Comment

My card was charged on 2/20/14....
                      Have a Sewonderful Day,
                      Mary T.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                        I was wondering, for those who get the digital, what format it is in. The reason why I'm curious is because if someone wants to print it out, how will it look? The magazine is square but our printer paper is not.
                        The magazine is 9 x 10....looks like you could probably print it in landscape mode. Some one would probably just have to do a test and see. Because the paper is 8.5" so either way it prints - the paper would be at least 1/2" short. You could also do a "fit to page" but that may make the print small.
                        Last edited by buckeyequilter; March 16, 2014, 05:37 AM.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Mine also was charged on 2/20 but I still have not received it. I know that it was sent by media mail but boy it is taking long while to get to me. I think it is sitting in the P.O. somewhere and I am not happy that they are not bringing it to me. I may need to chase my mail carrier down and tell him to go look!
                          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh if it's coming media mail I won't see it for a couple of months. Oh well.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Apparently, I am an idiot. I have looked and looked and looked and LOOKED! I can find no place where I can get single issues electronically. Others have told me they are available, but I can't find them. I want to try one single issue electronically before I get an electronic subscription.

But, having said that....I can only find where print copies can be subscribed to. Not the electronic edition. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't seem that it should be this difficult, but I'm getting nowhere after several days of searching. Can anybody help?

Comment

Working...
                              X