Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Wedding Ring Quilt with Metalic Timeless Treasures fabric ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Wedding Ring Quilt with Metalic Timeless Treasures fabric ?

Hello can you let me know which background to choose? Teal or Black background for Double Wedding Ring Quilt with Metalic Timeless Treasures Fabric? My quilt will have a Tree Panel in the center of the king size quilt, with double wedding ring blocks surrounding. /rings will form from different arcs .
    treeoflife.jpg20140315_050521.jpg20140315_050239.jpg20140315_040347.jpg
    20140315_040226 (1).jpg
    Last edited by mary3100; March 15, 2014, 04:31 AM.
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Re: Double Wedding Ring Quilt with Metalic Timeless Treasures fabric ?

I would go with the black, it pops the colours in the ring.
    ​Robyn

Comment

I like the teal. Not a fan of big spaces of solid black. And you have a lot of black in the panel. Just my opinion.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I vote black .... andhere is why....when i look at the black background i see your rings but when i look at the teal i see the teal and it is busy with the rings too....that being said i do like the teal triangle better.... could you make that a solid, say the bright turquoise that's in the tree?..... i love this whole line and have most of it and it so GORGEOUS.....this is just my humble opinion

just an after thought here.....if the teal was a solid it would make your rings pop just as much as the black does....
        Last edited by kelliedi; March 15, 2014, 05:12 AM.
        :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

The black. The prints are so busy, the black allows the eye to rest and see the beautiful prints. I have this panel and a bit of the coordinating fabric. I've yet to decide what to do with it, but its just beautiful.

Comment

I would use the black as it really makes the rings pop. In addition, your panel has black background, and there will be continuity in it and your quilt. Your finished quilt will be awesome!
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I like the black! This is going to be one stunning quilt! I love their metallic fabrics!

Comment

The black.
                Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
                Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

Most definitely the black!!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I vote black, it compliments the panel the best IMHO.. just a quick story... when my son was visiting a while back,, he was flipping thru a catalog,,, he is very into color and design.. he came across this line and the peacock,, and said,, Hey, Mum,,, I don't usually get worked up over this stuff, but this fabric, print, design and all,,, is something I really think is great... Just love the whole thing....
                    It was a Hancocks cat.... with about 50pgs.. and he picked THAT one... can't wait to see it finished!
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I love these fabrics! I've fantasized about doing something with them, but never thought about a wedding ring. This will be stunning. I like the black. I think it would be amazing quilted in metallic thread. YUM!

Comment

I'm with most everyone else-I'd go for the black. I think it goes best with the tree as well-let's the details shine.

Comment

Have you pulled bolts of the rack of some of the other colors in the quilt? If not, you may find that one of the less obvious colors might work. The black is okay but if it isn't an exact match to the black in the panel I wouldn't use it. The teal is okay but I don't think there's enough contrast with the rings. If you go with the black just make sure the blacks are very close in color. It's hard to tell from your photos. The blacks don't look like the black in the panel for the photos where you've placed it behind the rings, however, it looks like it matches okay where you placed the triangle of black. Once it's quilted the black will work but it should really have some pretty quilting to make it interesting to look at.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

When it is quilted the black won't seem as stark. The black does show off the rings the best. Maybe quilt it in teal thread?

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have a hard time choosing colors! I guess I can use the teal for the quilt back. And that black was just an old scrap, I will use Bella Solids black for the Tree Of Life Quilt.
                              Have a Sewonderful Day,
                              Mary T.

Comment

Working...
                              X