X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcbatiks
    replied
    Re: Design Wall Question

Joanne, check out the sewkatiedid blog. Under her tutorials she shows a roll up possibility.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
    My dear husband help me make mine. He gave me accordion folded insulation board. One piece is 6 x 6 that I can fold and place behind my sewing table when not in use. The other one is 3 x 6 that fits there as well. I then covered them with fleece that I purchased from Joann's. I love them. Especially since they only cost me about $5.00
    I have no place to store it. The only full walls are taken and have baseboard heating so putting anything in front of them isn't good. I have a 4 foot section of wall that is available and that is all that is left.

Leave a comment:

• momtutor
    replied

My dear husband help me make mine. He gave me accordion folded insulation board. One piece is 6 x 6 that I can fold and place behind my sewing table when not in use. The other one is 3 x 6 that fits there as well. I then covered them with fleece that I purchased from Joann's. I love them. Especially since they only cost me about $5.00

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Okay - hints, hints, hints. Get an old-fashioned window shade - you know the roll up kind??? Oh, I forgot, you aren't old enough . . . ask someone older . . . Install the window shade (they roll up, okay??) and spray it with . . . whatever they call that spray . . . adhesive and then put either flannel, batting, . . . what else (girlie friends???) and WALLAH you have a pull-down space to use . . .
    LOLOLOLOL I WISH I could say I don't remember but next week I turn the big 5-0. I remember them all too well. You think it will roll up with the bulk of the batting?

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
    My space is small but if I can figure out how to roll one up, I can hang it over part of a window and roll it up when I'm done. It's all I can do, really.

Okay - hints, hints, hints. Get an old-fashioned window shade - you know the roll up kind??? Oh, I forgot, you aren't old enough . . . ask someone older . . . Install the window shade (they roll up, okay??) and spray it with . . . whatever they call that spray . . . adhesive and then put either flannel, batting, . . . what else (girlie friends???) and WALLAH you have a pull-down space to use . . .

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I think the table cloth fabric might be cheaper but I'm not sure. But I think about paid about $16 for the fon's & porter design wall. The one I have might be a little lighter weight than the table cloth fabric but the plus side is.......it already has the grommets for hanging and a 2 inch grid pattern on the back that shows through. The flannel on it is thin but it does hold well. I put a whole pal size top on it and it held in place. I have some pictures in my albums that show the design wall.
    I love your wall! I wish JoAnn's would let me use a 40% off coupon. Says right on the coupons that excluded is Fons and Porter. I think it's about $25.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I have a 4x8 - batting over insulation board from one of the big box stores - covered with flannel. Works great, except I can't get to it easily . . . the space you have to use one will help determine your size.
    My space is small but if I can figure out how to roll one up, I can hang it over part of a window and roll it up when I'm done. It's all I can do, really.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
    Is there a difference between this and a flanneled back tablecloth? I have not seen the underside, just the top.
    I think the table cloth fabric might be cheaper but I'm not sure. But I think about paid about $16 for the fon's & porter design wall. The one I have might be a little lighter weight than the table cloth fabric but the plus side is.......it already has the grommets for hanging and a 2 inch grid pattern on the back that shows through. The flannel on it is thin but it does hold well. I put a whole pal size top on it and it held in place. I have some pictures in my albums that show the design wall.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I have a 4x8 - batting over insulation board from one of the big box stores - covered with flannel. Works great, except I can't get to it easily . . . the space you have to use one will help determine your size.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by Jess1377 View Post
    i used a queen size piece of batting with velcro command strips. i have pictures in an album i think its pretty explanatory. i can take it down and put it up easily with a step ladder. it was soooo easy and inexpensive.
    I didn't think about batting. I can get a twin size roll of 80/20 for about $10-$11. I might just have to pull out the ol' Hobby Lobby phone app coupon and get some.

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
    I bought a thin, fleece blanket at the thrift store and an expansion rod and hung the expansion rod in front of the closet doors in my sewing room and then hung the blanket over the rod and secured with three clips. Holds great and when I need in the closet, I can either just pull the blanket aside, or loosen ta clip and slide the whole blanket to the right or left to get in the closet. Works great.
    So does fleece hold them as well as flannel?

Leave a comment:

• EmbroidererLinda
    replied

I use "Cheryl Ann's design wall" and I love it because it is free standing and I can move it around as needed. I leave designs up on it and change the arrangements until I love it and am ready to sew together. I have the largest 6 feet by 6 feet, but it comes in smaller sizes depending on space. They have a web site by the same name.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear
    replied

The Fons and Porter has a Gris on the back. I haven't needed to use it though.

Leave a comment:

• Jess1377
    replied

i used a queen size piece of batting with velcro command strips. i have pictures in an album i think its pretty explanatory. i can take it down and put it up easily with a step ladder. it was soooo easy and inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• coffeebreak
    replied

I bought a thin, fleece blanket at the thrift store and an expansion rod and hung the expansion rod in front of the closet doors in my sewing room and then hung the blanket over the rod and secured with three clips. Holds great and when I need in the closet, I can either just pull the blanket aside, or loosen ta clip and slide the whole blanket to the right or left to get in the closet. Works great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X