Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Design Wall Question

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
    Is there a difference between this and a flanneled back tablecloth? I have not seen the underside, just the top.
    I think the table cloth fabric might be cheaper but I'm not sure. But I think about paid about $16 for the fon's & porter design wall. The one I have might be a little lighter weight than the table cloth fabric but the plus side is.......it already has the grommets for hanging and a 2 inch grid pattern on the back that shows through. The flannel on it is thin but it does hold well. I put a whole pal size top on it and it held in place. I have some pictures in my albums that show the design wall.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
      I have a 4x8 - batting over insulation board from one of the big box stores - covered with flannel. Works great, except I can't get to it easily . . . the space you have to use one will help determine your size.
      My space is small but if I can figure out how to roll one up, I can hang it over part of a window and roll it up when I'm done. It's all I can do, really.
      Hugs,
      Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
      Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
        I think the table cloth fabric might be cheaper but I'm not sure. But I think about paid about $16 for the fon's & porter design wall. The one I have might be a little lighter weight than the table cloth fabric but the plus side is.......it already has the grommets for hanging and a 2 inch grid pattern on the back that shows through. The flannel on it is thin but it does hold well. I put a whole pal size top on it and it held in place. I have some pictures in my albums that show the design wall.
        I love your wall! I wish JoAnn's would let me use a 40% off coupon. Says right on the coupons that excluded is Fons and Porter. I think it's about $25.
        Hugs,
        Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
          My space is small but if I can figure out how to roll one up, I can hang it over part of a window and roll it up when I'm done. It's all I can do, really.

Okay - hints, hints, hints. Get an old-fashioned window shade - you know the roll up kind??? Oh, I forgot, you aren't old enough . . . ask someone older . . . Install the window shade (they roll up, okay??) and spray it with . . . whatever they call that spray . . . adhesive and then put either flannel, batting, . . . what else (girlie friends???) and WALLAH you have a pull-down space to use . . .
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            Okay - hints, hints, hints. Get an old-fashioned window shade - you know the roll up kind??? Oh, I forgot, you aren't old enough . . . ask someone older . . . Install the window shade (they roll up, okay??) and spray it with . . . whatever they call that spray . . . adhesive and then put either flannel, batting, . . . what else (girlie friends???) and WALLAH you have a pull-down space to use . . .
            LOLOLOLOL I WISH I could say I don't remember but next week I turn the big 5-0. I remember them all too well. You think it will roll up with the bulk of the batting?
            Hugs,
            Joanne

Comment

My dear husband help me make mine. He gave me accordion folded insulation board. One piece is 6 x 6 that I can fold and place behind my sewing table when not in use. The other one is 3 x 6 that fits there as well. I then covered them with fleece that I purchased from Joann's. I love them. Especially since they only cost me about $5.00
              Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
                My dear husband help me make mine. He gave me accordion folded insulation board. One piece is 6 x 6 that I can fold and place behind my sewing table when not in use. The other one is 3 x 6 that fits there as well. I then covered them with fleece that I purchased from Joann's. I love them. Especially since they only cost me about $5.00
                I have no place to store it. The only full walls are taken and have baseboard heating so putting anything in front of them isn't good. I have a 4 foot section of wall that is available and that is all that is left.
                Hugs,
                Joanne

Comment

Joanne, check out the sewkatiedid blog. Under her tutorials she shows a roll up possibility.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                  X