Design Wall Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Wall Question

What size is your design wall? I want to buy some gray gridded flannel to tack up on my wall but not sure how much to buy. What is the minimum size recommended?
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Re: Design Wall Question

I bought mine premade, the Fons and Porter one. If I were to make one, I'd probably make the size of the space I have. I will say I wish the F&P one was a little longer. I can't quite get all the rows for a twin on there.

Comment

I have the Fon's & Porter one also......bought it at 40% off at Hancock's. I used Command hooks to hang it.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Mine is 6 feet by 6 feet.

Comment

I use a flannel backed tablecloth. I agree, buy enough to cover the entire space you have available. There are times I wish mine were bigger. Might get another tablecloth and hang side by side.
          Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
            I use a flannel backed tablecloth. I agree, buy enough to cover the entire space you have available. There are times I wish mine were bigger. Might get another tablecloth and hang side by side.
            I love this idea! Do your pieces stick well?
            Hugs,
            Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
              Mine is 6 feet by 6 feet.
              Is that big enough? Do you ever find times when you need bigger? I only do lap quilts now but want to move up to twin.
              Hugs,
              Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                I have the Fon's & Porter one also......bought it at 40% off at Hancock's. I used Command hooks to hang it.
                Is there a difference between this and a flanneled back tablecloth? I have not seen the underside, just the top.
                Hugs,
                Joanne

Comment

I bought a thin, fleece blanket at the thrift store and an expansion rod and hung the expansion rod in front of the closet doors in my sewing room and then hung the blanket over the rod and secured with three clips. Holds great and when I need in the closet, I can either just pull the blanket aside, or loosen ta clip and slide the whole blanket to the right or left to get in the closet. Works great.
                  Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

i used a queen size piece of batting with velcro command strips. i have pictures in an album i think its pretty explanatory. i can take it down and put it up easily with a step ladder. it was soooo easy and inexpensive.
                    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

The Fons and Porter has a Gris on the back. I haven't needed to use it though.

Comment

I use "Cheryl Ann's design wall" and I love it because it is free standing and I can move it around as needed. I leave designs up on it and change the arrangements until I love it and am ready to sew together. I have the largest 6 feet by 6 feet, but it comes in smaller sizes depending on space. They have a web site by the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
                          I bought a thin, fleece blanket at the thrift store and an expansion rod and hung the expansion rod in front of the closet doors in my sewing room and then hung the blanket over the rod and secured with three clips. Holds great and when I need in the closet, I can either just pull the blanket aside, or loosen ta clip and slide the whole blanket to the right or left to get in the closet. Works great.
                          So does fleece hold them as well as flannel?
                          Hugs,
                          Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Jess1377 View Post
                            i used a queen size piece of batting with velcro command strips. i have pictures in an album i think its pretty explanatory. i can take it down and put it up easily with a step ladder. it was soooo easy and inexpensive.
                            I didn't think about batting. I can get a twin size roll of 80/20 for about $10-$11. I might just have to pull out the ol' Hobby Lobby phone app coupon and get some.
                            Hugs,
                            Joanne

Comment

I have a 4x8 - batting over insulation board from one of the big box stores - covered with flannel. Works great, except I can't get to it easily . . . the space you have to use one will help determine your size.
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X