Table runner????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table runner????????

What kind of batting do I use on a table runner? It's not like it's going to keep the table warm. lol

Re: Table runner????????

I just used scraps of whatever I had on hand.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Well it's to insulate the table against being scorched by hot dishes. You could use the insulated batting people use for oven gloves; insulbright I think is the brand name. But if it is just decorative or for serving dishes that are warm as opposed to casserole dishes straight from the oven, normal cotton batting should be ok.

Comment

It could be used as a big trivet if you use batting in it. I think you could use flannel for a thin batting, or a thin cotton batting. If you really want thermal protection for the table, you could use insulbright. Or nothing, but your quilting might not be so visible with no batting.

Comment

I used whatever I had around; the first ones were Christmas runners and I used a poly/cotton type of batting. The latest ones I used a warm and natural piece that I had around. It was flatter, so I liked it better.
          :icon_wave: Linda
          "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Agreeing with the others. I just finished a table runner and used what I had on hand from a previous project. It's one of the reason I buy batting larger than I need when it's on sale. To have some for little projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              It could be used as a big trivet if you use batting in it. I think you could use flannel for a thin batting, or a thin cotton batting. If you really want thermal protection for the table, you could use insulbright. Or nothing, but your quilting might not be so visible with no batting.
              This is true. I made quite a few table runners last year. Three very large ones for my table that seats 10-12 extended, I used batting on some and not on others. I really like the ones that I used the "Warm N White" batting on the best. They seem more finished to me. The quilting is more prominent too. Natural white is thin and easy to work with on smaller projects. I'll use batting from now on.
              Last edited by kensington; March 14, 2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I use thin cotton batting like Warm&White or Warm&Natural. I often have nice leftovers of this type batting from my quilts. Puffy batting can cause glasses of liquid to be a bit unstable.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I use whatever I have leftover from my quilts, usually warm and natural. Works fine. We don't set hot pants directly on it as I'm afraid it would scorch the fabric, but put a trivet down first.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thank all of you for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by wglwrm View Post
                      What kind of batting do I use on a table runner? It's not like it's going to keep the table warm. lol
                      As long as I'm not planning on sitting anything hot on it I just use flannel...it's really easy to work with.
                      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Working...
                      X