Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zippers... best place to buy/order them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyn J
    replied
    Re: Zippers... best place to buy/order them?

I buy from Zipit. Nice selection of colors, sizes, and types. I've purchased from her etsy store several times. Fast shipping and nice quality. The purse zippers I got were a little heavier and had a thicker zip pull. Also got a bag of 50 nylon 14" zippers.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/zipit?ref=...how_panel=true

Leave a comment:

• coffeebreak
    replied

Originally posted by icul8rg8r View Post
    I've just started making bags and would love to know where to get the other supplies you mentioned (fasteners, vinyl, mesh, o-rings, soft & stable, etc).
    icul8rg8r - same place....Wawak. I have bought clips and rings and fasteners and stuff like that from them too.

Leave a comment:

• icul8rg8r
    replied

I've just started making bags and would love to know where to get the other supplies you mentioned (fasteners, vinyl, mesh, o-rings, soft & stable, etc).

Leave a comment:

• IwantItgreen
    replied

Another shout out for Wawak.

Leave a comment:

• Rhealene
    replied

I will second the suggestion of buying from WAWAK....I buy a lot of sewing supplies from them. I think they might have just about any kind of zipper you want and their prices can't be beat.

Leave a comment:

• spyderquilt
    replied

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYVM!!!

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
    Thank you for that link Cheri! Wow - 25 7" zippers for 5 bucks... yep - bookmarked that site #3 7" Nylon YKK® Zipper 25/Assorted Packs | WAWAK Sewing Supplies

Leave a comment:

• spyderquilt
    replied

Thank you very much Ahamblin. I never thought of that.

Originally posted by Ahamblin View Post
    I buy my zippers at my LQS, sized to what I need. Her prices are very reasonable. For hardware I have been going to the goodwill type stores and checking out the rings, etc on the bags. Last week I picked up 15 rings, 4 slides and 6 really unique clips for $8. I like to make purses, totes, duffles and this has helped with the cost.

Leave a comment:

• spyderquilt
    replied

Thank you very much for your supplier. It sounds like what I'm looking for.

Leave a comment:

• coffeebreak
    replied

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
    Thank you for that link Cheri! Wow - 25 7" zippers for 5 bucks... yep - bookmarked that site #3 7" Nylon YKK® Zipper 25/Assorted Packs | WAWAK Sewing Supplies
    I know! I stocked up on them few months ago when they were buy one get one free!

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
    I have ordered them and other things from this place...it is fantastic. Get on their mailing list and you'll get great sale notifications. Often BOGO items and really reasonable prices regularly

WAWAK Sewing Supplies - Welcome

Leave a comment:

• coffeebreak
    replied

Originally posted by spyderquilt View Post
    Hi all,

I've spent my last $85.00 for a Vera Bradley tote, and other expensive must-have stuff! I can make these myself, with my own designs and start a business.

I want to start making handbags, zippered totes, and little cosmetic type bags. Everything requires zippers.

Does any one here have a good, reliable, and reasonable place to buy zippers? Fasteners, O rings, and other purse-making accessories.

((I already have my source for fabrics!))

Thank you very much!
    NancySpyder

I have ordered them and other things from this place...it is fantastic. Get on their mailing list and you'll get great sale notifications. Often BOGO items and really reasonable prices regularly

WAWAK Sewing Supplies - Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Sheena
    replied

I think YKK zips are the best. I used to work for them, but I genuinely think they're the best.

Leave a comment:

• Ahamblin
    replied

I buy my zippers at my LQS, sized to what I need. Her prices are very reasonable. For hardware I have been going to the goodwill type stores and checking out the rings, etc on the bags. Last week I picked up 15 rings, 4 slides and 6 really unique clips for $8. I like to make purses, totes, duffles and this has helped with the cost.

Leave a comment:

• Kateskloset
    replied

I order from "Cleaner's Supply" online. Super cheap zippers. I always order 7" for different little wallets that I make on my embroidery machine, cosmetic bags, etc. I think the last time I ordered them they were .26cents, and then they had a buy one, get one free sale. I can't run to Hobby Lobby and pay 1.99 everytime I need a zipper to make something, so I just keep these on hand. They have a lot of other sewing supplies as well.

Leave a comment:

• spyderquilt
    started a topic Zippers... best place to buy/order them?

Zippers... best place to buy/order them?

Hi all,

I've spent my last $85.00 for a Vera Bradley tote, and other expensive must-have stuff! I can make these myself, with my own designs and start a business.

I want to start making handbags, zippered totes, and little cosmetic type bags. Everything requires zippers.

Does any one here have a good, reliable, and reasonable place to buy zippers? Fasteners, O rings, and other purse-making accessories.

((I already have my source for fabrics!))

Thank you very much!
    NancySpyder
Working...
X