Dear Lynn ...... (Dragonfly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Lynn ...... (Dragonfly)

I made several strip star blocks today using your awesome instructions for floating them.... and they were easy and turned out just right.

I want you to know what a great gift you gave me by explaining how to float them .... saving my patience and making it so simple.

Thank you very very much hon...... you rock.

I'm enclosing the original link in case anyone else wants to know how to make the stars without worrying about the points being too close to the edge of the block.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...re-your-wisdom.....
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Dear Lynn ...... (Dragonfly)

Mia the pleasure was all mine, I love to teach and pass on the little bits of wisdom I have garnered from years of exposure to some great quilters. I am so pleased that you are happy with the results...now how about a photo.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I've made about ten blocks today and have another 50 to go lol.....but I will post a photo when I get a few rows made. I think I've spent too much time on the Forum today when I should have been piecing blocks. Thanks again!!!!
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

Comment

I'd love to see a tutorial on this!

Comment

Meee too. So far my only issue has been with sewing the diagonal seams across each strip. With the 2 1/2" square you can simply fold the square in half to make a triangle... press.... the sew along the crease..... but with these strips being 2 1/2" by 3".... the square has become a rectangle. If I'm making this harder than it has to be or if you know a simple trick to make it easier.... please please share. Otherwise.... my blocks are very pretty and I love the 'floating' effect. Thanks again Lynn!!!!!!!!
          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
          Mia

Comment

Mia you can still do the fold and crease method, if you simply fold over the corner on one end it will still give you the equivalent of a 2.5" square fold but with the extra bit hanging out one side, the square area will be 2.5". Your only thing to watch is which direction you are folding/creasing at the end as the orientation of your strip needs to be right. If you take two and do one in each direction then you will have what you need for each leg. I will see if I can draw a picture or something.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

OK lets try this, I hope this helps.

Lynn

Comment

Lynn.... you are such a sweetheart. I have been doing just as you diagramed and yep....it takes a little concentration at first to remember the orientation of the leg. I've make about 20 squares so far. I will share some photos as I get further along.

I'm sorry for being such a pest about this.....and I truly appreciate your patience and you taking the time to answer all of my questions.
                ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                Mia

Comment

Not a problem Mia, I'm glad you are enjoying the block, it certainly is a great block.
                  Lynn

Comment

Working...
                  X