Minkee light charm squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minkee light charm squares

I bought 2 charm packs of the minkee lights a while back. Does anyone have suggestions for a pattern for them beside using in a rag quilt? I was wonder if the seams would be too bulky to be pieced. Thanks for any feedback.

Re: Minkee light charm squares

I've got some too,,, will be watching this post...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I got 4 packs of the brights so will be watching also!
      Vonnie

Comment

I only got one pack but I plan on just doing a baby quilt with 5" squares and maybe mixing it with flannel squares as well. I have not decided. It will be flannel or Channelle (?) not sure.

Comment

What about doing the Make a Soft Pillow Quilt! Quilting with Cuddle Cloth (Minky Fabric)? She just did a tutorial not too long ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_I...VFDHmDXqCIzuAw

Comment

I did a "coin" baby quilt with minky squares and a kids print. It was mostly cotton with random minky for texture. I made it similar to this:
            Moda Bake Shop: Stacked Coins Baby Quilt
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I have some of the lights and two of the darks as well. Haven't decided what to do with them yet. A LQS (well an hour away) has some really nice prints of minky type fabric. I am considering getting some of the yardage and mixing them in with these squares, or using the prints on the front and these squares on the back. Still thinking, and watching for anyone's ideas on here.
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Thanks for the good ideas. I think I will pick up some coordinating flannels and work in the minkee here and there. So many quilts, so little time right?

Comment

Working...
                X