to many scraps what can i do to reduce for buying more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to many scraps what can i do to reduce for buying more

Okay so I'm guilty, i love buy fabric so much i have way to much some bought for projects i never made and other were just to buy now i have a trash bag full another trash bag is half full fabric in small tote box and yards of old fabric i never got around to using, some i think was even bought from other states some my fiance bought to make me happy now i need ideas to reduce so i can buy new fabrics i want from the fabric stores and walmart

Re: to many scraps what can i do to reduce for buying more

i donated a lot of my fabric i had collected to my local senior center. i figured they might be able to use it.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I think there is a place here on the Forum where you can swap fabric. Not sure where though.
      Dayna

Comment

If you want to trade fabric, check out the Groups tab. There's one called I Don't Want It. You can post there if you want.
        If you want a way to use up some of your stash, there are several groups that quilt for charities.
        I know our local Project Linus happily accepts donations of fabric to share with people who are making quilts to donate to the group.
        Kind of a nice problem to have,, better too much instead of too little
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Dayna View Post
            I think there is a place here on the Forum where you can swap fabric. Not sure where though.
            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...-can-have.html

Come on over and join us!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I mostly donate to our local humane society thrift shop. There is a hospital thrift shop too. But my heart is with the animals.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Send your leftover stash to kwit05 . She has a thread this morning wondering how to build her stash and you have stash wondering how to reduce it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly View Post
                  Send your leftover stash to kwit05 . She has a thread this morning wondering how to build her stash and you have stash wondering how to reduce it.
                  Really great idea and pay it forward!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Blondie, the founder of the Group Circles of Comfort here on M* can always use scraps as she turns them into circles for the COC quilts or sashing, block backgrounds, etc. Bigger pieces can be used for the backing. Please consider sending them to her.

Blondie COC.jpg

Here's the link to the M* COC group - her mailing info is there.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...rt-quilts.html

Huggers, Ruby
                    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

There are many of us on here that donate quilts to charity that you could donate the fabric to. I donate quilts to the senior centers and would be happy to use any fabric that you have. I would pay for shipping as well. I know there are other groups as well such as the http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...rt-quilts.html and the http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...ilt-group.html. You could also try and sell them in lots on ebay or even on FB.
                      Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Originally posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
                        Blondie, the founder of the Group Circles of Comfort here on M* can always use scraps as she turns them into circles for the COC quilts or sashing, block backgrounds, etc. Bigger pieces can be used for the backing. Please consider sending them to her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70522[/ATTACH]

Here's the link to the M* COC group - her mailing info is there.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...rt-quilts.html

Huggers, Ruby
                        This is an awesome group!
                        Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

If you are just wanting to purge, I would also suggest sending them to Blondie. She just posted a few days ago about needing supplies and blocks.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

yep - lots of us on here make charity and donation from gifted fabrics. i make them for the quilts for kids project which donates to local childrens hospitals. happy to pay shipping to central florida if you still need a place to rehome some of your stash
                            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                            hugs, Suzi
                            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

We have a lot of local ladies who use their scrapes to make quilts for a children's hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X