COMPARING THE TWO JANOME MACHINES???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMPARING THE TWO JANOME MACHINES???

So I have decided to purchase a Janome on the HSN website since I can make payments but am stuck on which is a better machine for my needs. I do a lot of quilting by machine large quilts and small ones and I need a durable machine that has a big throat so I don' have to keep fighting and pushing so here are the ones I have chosen:

Janome DC4030P

Janome 49360

Any input on these machines will be so helpful before I purchase this week. Mahalo
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: COMPARING THE TWO JANOME MACHINES???

It looks like the throat on the second one is larger, so I'd probably go with that. However, that said, it doesn't list the measurement of either. You might have to go to the Janome site for that information. I bought my Singer Quatro thru HSN and have not regretted it. I was a bit nervous because they offered it before it was ever on the market, by about six months, but I think I made a good choice.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Read the reviews carefully and maybe go to the Janome web sight for the specs.

I don't know why a lot of machines talk about being a quilters machine and basically it doesn't offer that precious throat space that we all crave! I know it's a pain, but you can return it.

I see they have the bigger throat machine further down on the sewing machine page, but it's almost twice the price and I"ve seen this machine listed on other sights for quite a bit less. But I think it only does the straight stitch like the Juki.

Comment

Janome - 49360
        looks like the 49360 has thread cutter and 30 more stitches
        tried to do the comparison page but didn't go to that page. click on comparison and select the other machine
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

have heard the Singer's are no longer that well made but it seems that you really happy with yours does it have a wide throat also?
          Originally posted by bubba View Post
          It looks like the throat on the second one is larger, so I'd probably go with that. However, that said, it doesn't list the measurement of either. You might have to go to the Janome site for that information. I bought my Singer Quatro thru HSN and have not regretted it. I was a bit nervous because they offered it before it was ever on the market, by about six months, but I think I made a good choice.
          sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Wow thanks for that info didn't notice that, Mahalo I am checking on the now.
            Originally posted by Doloris View Post
            Janome - 49360
            looks like the 49360 has thread cutter and 30 more stitches
            tried to do the comparison page but didn't go to that page. click on comparison and select the other machine
            sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I bought the 49360 from HSN early last year. I'm not an experienced quilter but I can tell you that the throat space is too small. I attempted to quilt a twin size quilt (iron quilter contest) and it was a massive p.i.t.a. I tried rolling then tried stuffing but it was just frustrating no matter how I did it. Prior to that I just did a baby quilt and some totes. If I had to do it all again I would've gone with a machine with a large enough throat to do large quilts on without feeling like my arms are going to fall off.
              Live, Learn, Sew!

Comment

Working...
              X