a thread about threaq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a thread about threaq

forgive my typing, i cut my thumb on an old rotary blade hiding on me.
    my question is about quilting thread. i use the regular quilt thread, but have seen quilts with larger gage thread.
    if this is already in an archives, just point me in the right direction. maybe i can get more done with the larger thread. thanks my ladies.
    I LOVE JESUS

Re: a thread about threaq

It's all personal preference. So far I quilted (and pieced) mine with 50-3 cotton thread. I just ordered some 40-wt from Superiorthreads to see how much of a difference that will make in the quilting. In that order is also a spool of Razzledazzle which is too thick for the needle and has to be either couched or put in the bobbin. I'm worried that thread is my new obsession.

For me, the thicker thread would only make sense when you want to see the quilting lines more. Busy fabrics for example would not show up the quilting as much as tone-on-tones or solids. Time to experiment, I suppose.
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
    Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

Are you talking about hand quilting? Like using perle cotton, and doing big stitch quilting. Check out big stitch quilting on Pinterest.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks forgot pinterest, and i am always on there
        I LOVE JESUS

Comment

Working...
        X