Wheelchair Lap Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair Lap Quilts

My 4 yr old granddaughter has muscular atrophy and uses a wheelchair on occasion. I would love to make her a wheelchair lap quilt but what size and should they have ties on them?
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: Wheelchair Lap Quilts

My guild and I make wheelchair quilts for wounded warriors/veterans. The preferred size is 40x60, but we do not add ties to them. It might be a good idea if tucking the quilt in is not ideal.
    Piecing on Bernina 820
    Longarm quilting on APQS Millenium

Please visit me at
    My Blog "Peachy Pages".

sigpic

Comment

What size would you make for a child?

Comment

Can you measure the chair? It's hard to answer since we don't know what size the wheelchair is. I googled wheelchair blankets and hit images. This one came up Wheelchair Lap Blankets : Cairns Design Inc I like the one on the left. I think you should measure the chair and add the extra width to make something like this one. I also like the way it's tapered at the bottom. It looks like it might have a pocket to hold the person's feet to keep them warm which is a great idea. I imagine it's tied onto the chair at least it looks like it to me. I would think tying it would be important especially for a child.
        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 11, 2014, 10:03 AM.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Thanks Rebecca, I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
          X