What Would You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would You Do?

Don't look too closely at this Disappearing 4 Patch Quilt because I made several mistakes. For some reason I just could not get the "flipping" all the same. I laid it out on my bed and think I would like to make it a little bit bigger. Do you think it would look ok with a 2 inch white border, then maybe a 4 to 6 inch outside border of the green fabric again? What would you do??

unnamed.jpg
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Re: What Would You Do?

I think that would work. It is really pretty! Did you enjoy making those blocks? I thought it was harder to do than I first believed. I want to make another one some day.

Is this Honey Honey? I love that fabric line!

Comment

I LOVE this pattern, and yours looks beautiful!

And I am a border lover, so I would definitely add some more to make it bigger. The white then green sounds lovely.
      Cathryn

Comment

It looks great to me! I'm not a border lover. I like them but I think sometimes people feel the pressure to do them.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Robin, I think your plan sounds great. I did not see any mistakes.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

It is Honey Honey. I just love this line of fabric. I have several yards of the light blue hydrangia fabric, plenty for another border, but it would clash with the green. I can't say I enjoyed making these blocks. I only worked on them when I was with a group of women at my Thursday Sew Day. I had to concentrate too much, which obviously I didn't do!

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
            I think that would work. It is really pretty! Did you enjoy making those blocks? I thought it was harder to do than I first believed. I want to make another one some day.

Is this Honey Honey? I love that fabric line!
            Robin
            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Boy, that is quite beautiful to me. Can't see any mistakes myself. I think maybe just a white border is what i would do although since i am not doing it, i say add the green
              Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I think it looks great and your idea for the added borders sounds like it will work out just fine to me as well.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I think the border ideas are great. I'm working on a D4P and have found that I have not flipped the pieces correctly. I ended up ripping out a couple of the blocks that I had finished and redoing them. Your quilt is very pretty, I like the colors.

Comment

I sewed a 2 1/2 inch white border around it, ripped it out, squared and measured, and resewed. Decided to call it a quilt and bagged it up to send to my machine quilter. I will bind and back it in the green. I swear, I used the seam ripper more on this quilt than any other.

Bob, if I would have ripped out the blocks I flipped incorrectly I would have ripped out more than half the quilt. I doubt I will make this pattern again.
                    Robin

Comment

I think that borders would work great to add to the size of the quilt. It looks great to me. I've gotten my blocks sewn but not cut yet for mine (one of several projects that are in one stage or another), I figure after I cut and start moving blocks, I'd better have the magazine close by and the video.

Comment

Your quilt turned out lovely, even if you do think there are mistakes, I don't think it's obvious. I'd just say it's a new variation of the pattern.
                        A group of us just finished a swap of DP4 using solid black & our choose of batiks. They turned out beautifully.
                        You can see some of the blocks in the group photos.
                        May the road rise up to meet you...
                        May the wind be always at your back...
                        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I think it's a great looking quilt. Adding the borders as you described sounds perfect.

Why is this such a bad pattern? I've been thinking of making one, but now you have me scared to do it.

Comment

I love it! I think you did an amazing job on it... love the idea for the borders...

Comment

Proquiltinating: working on quilts when you should be doing laundry, or dishes, or picking kids up from school.

Love your signature and quilt too. Whatever you do, I am sure it will be beautiful.
                              Preeti
                              http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X