Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on the disapering pinwheel 1 and 2

This is what I am up to right now.

And I can not decide on how I want it to be.
    And if I like it or not like it.
    Does it need more color and if so what colors.

Take a look and feel free to suggest ideeas.

Here are a picture.

Annika
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: My take on the disapering pinwheel 1 and 2

blocks look great. maybe a thin dark sashing between them so they stand out a little more.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I like them too. I like Dolores's suggestion. I think using that deep orange for a first border, and then the drk brown for the main border, with the sashing matching the main border would make it pop.
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I agree with the sashing and border suggestions. Cant wait to see it done.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Annika, I always love your colors.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I like it. The colours are lovely but I would use some orange sashing with dark brown posts to set the blocks off.
            I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
            Lorraine

Comment

I love the blocks that show a clear contrast between the background and the shapes. The two blocks with the darling thread fabric don't show the block pattern as well as the others do. It is just darling fabric, as is your background fabric. Could you use the thread fabric in your border?

Comment

I agree with Jean here. I love the thread fabric...but it doesn't give enough definition to the block. Now to use it in the border would be fantastic. I like how you alternated the two blocks too. You always do great work Annika!
                Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                I love the blocks that show a clear contrast between the background and the shapes. The two blocks with the darling thread fabric don't show the block pattern as well as the others do. It is just darling fabric, as is your background fabric. Could you use the thread fabric in your border?
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I understood from your post that you wanted to add more blocks, but didn't know what colors to use. If you want to stay with the color family you already have, you could use a darker yellow, like a gold color and maybe a lighter orange, or even a rusty color. All your colors are warm colors. If you want to go outside of this color group and add some cool colors, I would add some blue and green, or even purple. Cool colors would give the quilt more variety, IMO.

I love your blocks. They look very good.

Comment

As usual Annika, your work is great!
                    .....now this is just me, but IF it were mine - I would switch the centers of the brown and the yellow churn dash.....
                    Then there are 2 or 3 others that I would do something to give more contrast, using the colors you already are using.
                    Sorry, but I don't mind un-sewing if it is something I know would look better.....I did the first disappearing pinwheel and when she came out with the churn-dash the next week, I took it all apart and turned it into the churn-dash!

Don't feel you need to do this if you don't want to.
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

Hi

Thank you all for your input. There are some very good ideas.

I must have been very tired when I made the fabric choices.

To day I decided for an audtition of fabrics.

I will remove the fabric with the spools of thread on. It does not belong.

I still think the idea with alternate the blocks is valid but I will have to have more colors and diffrent colors.

For the border I am thinking of a thin 2,5" of background and then the same block as in the quilt but insted of starting with a layercake I will make them from a charm size. Or maybe just plain pinwheels.

What do you think about this colores ?
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

The colors of your quilt are Fall colors - warm and rich. I love them. All shades of yellow, brown and orange should work harmoniously. Greens will work as well. I'd keep the blue fabric aside. Looking forward to the next step.

Hope your daughter is doing well.

Hugs.
                        Preeti
                        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X