Hand Quilting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Quilting Question

I am going to try and hand quilt a small quilt, my question is how much over hang of batting and backing do I need?
    I hope that makes sense lol
    Dena :icon_hi:

Re: Hand Quilting Question

Dena....I always make sure that there is at least three to four inches regardless of how your top is being quilted. Some might think it's waste, but I have had backing disappear when quilting and I allow at least that much to be on the safe side....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
      Dena....I always make sure that there is at least three to four inches regardless of how your top is being quilted. Some might think it's waste, but I have had backing disappear when quilting and I allow at least that much to be on the safe side....
      I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
        I agree with Sherri also. I haven't been quilting long but mom has been a hand quilter for many years and has taught me that you always make sure you will have enough overhang for your top.

Comment

Ok thank you all!
          Dena :icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
          X