X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g8dhorse7
    replied
    Re: Batting question

Connecting Threads has a sale on their batting right now. I just ordered King size Hobbs 80/20 for $19.99.

Leave a comment:

• HollyinWA
    replied

Originally posted by QuiltingRN View Post
    Alway use warm and natural from Joann's and never had a shrinkage problem.
    Thank is great to know! It feels very nice too!

Leave a comment:

• HollyinWA
    replied

Originally posted by JCY View Post
    I prefer the Hobbs 80/20 for all my quilting. It can be ordered on line if it's not available locally. JCY
    Thank you. I read about the Hobbs on there. I did not want to have to wait on it but now since it is taking me longer than I expected to figure out what I am doing with my border, I could have ordered it and received it by now. However, I would have liked to order something else with it but I am taking some time to figure out what I need for my next project. The next time I order something, I will order some Hobbs so I can compare.

Leave a comment:

• QuiltingRN
    replied

Alway use warm and natural from Joann's and never had a shrinkage problem.

Leave a comment:

• HollyinWA
    replied

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    No, you don't have to prewash W&W....or any other batting.... At least I never have, and have had no problems.

Not ore washing the batting allows.the whole quilt to shrink at a fairly uniform rate.. And, if the whole quilt is made out of cotton materials, there will be a wonderful crinkling going on...
    Thank you, and the second thing you mentioned is exactly what I was thinking.

Leave a comment:

• SewingBuddy
    replied

Same here. No prewashing needed.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Originally posted by HollyinWA View Post
    I bought Warm and Naturals from JoAnn's which is a 100% cotton batting. Should I pre-shrink it before I sew it to the quilt? It says it is unnecessary but was unsure if it is a good idea or not. I did not pre-wash/shrink the fabric since it came in pre-cut squares. Thank you!

No, you don't have to prewash W&W....or any other batting.... At least I never have, and have had no problems.

Not ore washing the batting allows.the whole quilt to shrink at a fairly uniform rate.. And, if the whole quilt is made out of cotton materials, there will be a wonderful crinkling going on...

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I prefer the Hobbs 80/20 for all my quilting. It can be ordered on line if it's not available locally. JCY

Leave a comment:

• HollyinWA
    replied

Ok, thanks everyone. I will look at the W&N label. We were looking for the 80/20 but they were out of the 80/20. However, as far as I know, the 100% cottons are more expensive (that is what the lady there told me) and that is false advertising if it is not 100% cotton. I think it says 100% cotton on the front of the label but I will look at the fine print.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I use W&N and W&W all the time and never preshrink them.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    replied

FYI: the W&N batting they sell at Joanns is not 100% cotton. It is 87.5% cotton and 12.5% polyester. The website and even the signage in the store say 100% cotton but if you look at the label on the product it shows the poly content.

To answer your question- I do not pre-shrink W&N or W&W batting and they are fine.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

I have never preshrunk any batting. I use Warm & White and it really doesn't shrink much.

Leave a comment:

• HollyinWA
    started a topic Batting question

Batting question

I bought Warm and Naturals from JoAnn's which is a 100% cotton batting. Should I pre-shrink it before I sew it to the quilt? It says it is unnecessary but was unsure if it is a good idea or not. I did not pre-wash/shrink the fabric since it came in pre-cut squares. Thank you!
Working...
X