Parsons Sewing Machine Table with Electric Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsons Sewing Machine Table with Electric Lift

I bought this Parsons cabinet with an electric lift in it last summer off Craigslist for $15. The lady that sold it to me plugged it in and showed me how to set it up. I never did anything with it because I didn't have room for it but couldn't pass up the deal. Fast forward almost 9 months: we moved, I now have room for it and I can't remember what the lady told me about how to use it! I have done lots of Internet searches and found a number for the Parsons Company in Arkansas but it appears that they are no longer in business!!! Does any one have one of these? I could really use a manual for it just some help would be greatly appreciated!

I can't pull the innards out far enough to clear the top of the table so I can open it up to get to the hole for my machine. It looks like I have to operate the lift to be able to extend it all the way out. I don't know where the button is to operate the lift!
    Attached Files

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Re: Parsons Sewing Machine Table with Electric Lift

Hi Ruth, nice table. There must be some sort of release at the back of the table. I have a lift on my table but there is a button on the upper right hand side. I hope you get it figured out.
    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I found this information for a cabinet on E-bay, maybe it will be of some help.

DESCRIPTION :AWESOME! CABINET NOT EASILY FOUND, THIS CABINET HAS EVERYTHING NEEDED AND MORE FROM STORAGE DRAWERS TO THREAD STORAGE ON THE DOOR TO THE MEASURING RULER PRINTED ON IT (NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS CALLED). AND THE THING I HAVE LOVED ON THIS UNIT IS THE MOTORIZED POWER LIFT TO STORE YOUR SEWING MACHINE! YES, NO MORE LIFTING YOUR HEAVY MACHINE THIS CABINET DOES IT FOR YOU! WHEN DONE JUST CLOSE IT UP ALL NICE AND NEAT TO IT'S COMPACT SIZE AS SHOWN IN PICS PROVIDED. THIS CABINET CAN HOLD NOT ONLY THE OLDER SEWING MACHINES BUT THE NEWER ONES AS SHOWN. MY BABYLOCK IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION, IT'S JUST TO SHOW HOW IT WORKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CORNER WHERE THE FOOT PEDAL IS PLACED IT HAS A PLUG WHICH IS WHERE YOU PLUG YOUR MACHINE. THAT PLUG HAS THE ORIGINAL POWER CORD THAT PLUGS INTO YOUR 110V OUTLET. THIS IS A PARSONS SOLID WOOD CABINET FROM OSCEOLA ARKANSAS WHICH IS WHAT IS PRINTED ON THE CABINET "PARSONS SINCE 1946", WE ARE NOT SURE ON IT'S TRUE AGE? CABINET ALSO HAS CASTERS.THIS IS ONE TO CONSIDER

I just went back and read the description and saw the person wanted $999 for it. You got a deal!!!!! Here is the link for the table for sale:
      Antique HTF Parsons Sewing Machine Wood Cabinetwithmotorized Lift HARD2FIND | eBay
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! Now to clean it up, maybe paint it and get an insert made so I can put my Rocketeer in it!!!
        Attached Files

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Working...
        X