Finding a good quilt pattern to showcase the fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a good quilt pattern to showcase the fabric

For ages I have been collecting fabrics in hues of blue. I've tried to be quite strict about it, so they are mainly shades of blue with the occasional one having some white. The patterns vary hugely as do the blues, from a purple-y deep dark one through to light duck egg blue and white background with blue motifs.

I have 97% decided on this pattern Cut to Pieces: Quiltmaker 100 Blocks - vol 5! (if you scroll down near the end is a picture of a block done with four triangles in one fabric with the white strip).

But I just wonder if anyone can suggest another pattern that really highlights the fabric rather than the piecing. I'd like something more interesting than just straight blocks side by side with or without sashing, but nothing too complicated or time consuming.

As always, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Ming

Re: Finding a good quilt pattern to showcase the fabric

That's a very pretty block!

I really like the Maple Island Quilt Patterns for showcasing large prints.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...26.Cu8YZmGcR4Y

I recently (before Christmas) made the BQ3 pattern where I fussy cut dragon fabric for the large blocks.
    Vonnie

Comment

Don't know if this will help since it is not totally blue but take a look. Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: My Blue Heaven!
      This is a link to My Blue Heaven on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.com website.
      It is even prettier in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
        That's a very pretty block!

I really like the Maple Island Quilt Patterns for showcasing large prints.
        https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...26.Cu8YZmGcR4Y

I recently (before Christmas) made the BQ3 pattern where I fussy cut dragon fabric for the large blocks.
        That is a great pattern!!!
        Hugs,
        Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
        Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Working...
        X