Cross Stitched Baby Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Stitched Baby Quilt

I have just completed a baby quilt that I cross stitched. I need to put backing on it so it hides the threads. I have previously had this done by a quilt shop but would like to see if anyone here has ideas on the best way to do this so I can save myself a couple bucks. There is already a quilted pattern on the part that I did the cross stitching on. Thanks in advance!

Re: Cross Stitched Baby Quilt

I would love to see a pic of the quilt. Can you show us?
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg
      I hope this worked....

Comment

So cute. What about some flannel backing and just do some meandering stitching around the needlepoint. Needlework looks great and such a personal touch. Hopefully someone will come along that has done it before and has a better recommendation
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

My mom has stitched a lot of the pre-quilted baby quilts and wanted to hide the threads and knots on the back. A quilting friend of hers takes the plain white binding off, backs it with a coordinating flannel and uses the flannel to rebind the whole thing. My mom ties it in a number of places with thread. They look so cute when they are finished.
          Dawn
          A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

I think I'd do flannel and tie it w/embroidery thread.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I read the forum all the time but have never asked or replied to a post before. I couldn't help but reply on this one. I've made many of these quilts. With the most recent one I made a quilt top to fit put on batting and added a thin muslin to cover the batting and then quilted it. After that I took off the binding from the stitched top and added the quilted back. Then I chose a nice binding to match.image.jpgimage.jpg
              I hope I did this right!

Comment

Originally posted by Catseye View Post
                I read the forum all the time but have never asked or replied to a post before. I couldn't help but reply on this one. I've made many of these quilts. With the most recent one I made a quilt top to fit put on batting and added a thin muslin to cover the batting and then quilted it. After that I took off the binding from the stitched top and added the quilted back. Then I chose a nice binding to match.[ATTACH=CONFIG]70128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70126[/ATTACH]
                I hope I did this right!
                I think you did this just right! It's adorable, god job!!
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for the ideas!!

Comment

I just have to brag about my Mom's needlework. She actually did a pre-quilted X-stitch quilt for my daughter so that none of the stitches showed on the back. She was very talented with her embroidery and somewhat of a perfectionist. That being said, I'd probably go with the flannel ideas others have suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X