Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply Quilting
    replied
    Re: How to move a large cutting mat . . .

I have kept my grandma's cutting mat in a thick cardboard sleeve for years just as she kept it and have not had any trouble with it warping. It was shipped to the store in that sleeve and it came over to me in the same sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

I agree I would package it sort of like you would with a fragile piece of artwork and if you can place it to the top off all the boxes you place in the storage of your vehicle.

Good luck with your move.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

When you buy them in the store the big ones come in a heavy cardboard sleeve. I would make it the meat in a heavy cardboard sandwich and put it on the bottom of your cargo spot then put a quilt on top and some boxes. that should keep it safe.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Personally, I would set it flat and place boxes w/smoot surfaces over the top of it. If you are concerned about damaging it, put an old blanket or quilt over the top of it plus some cardboard and I'm sure it will be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    started a topic How to move a large cutting mat . . .

How to move a large cutting mat . . .

We will be moving soon and I'm starting to think about how I will get my very large cutting mat from this house to the next. While we have a moving company to move the majority of our belongings, I am taking responsibility for moving my sewing machine, quilting mats and rulers myself.

It's a 6 hour car drive and I am wondering if anyone has some good ideas or thoughts for how to get this mat from here to there without bending or warping it. I have an SUV with a large cargo area, but I will be carrying several boxes and household items and don't want to put them on top of the mat.

Anyway, anyone ever move one of these long distance before and perhaps came up with a clever, safe way to get them to the new location? I'm open to any and all thoughts/ideas. Thanks!!
Working...
X