No announcement yet.

How to move a large cutting mat . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to move a large cutting mat . . .

Depending on how you pack, I'd say lay it down first so it is flat and put a blanket on top and then boxes. Or...put boxes in first and slide the matte on top of them if they are all reasonably even at the top. Or.. how about rolling it up and securing with masking tape? I see them rolled in the store sometimes when they have a sale and they have"extras" rolled to the side of the normal display. Not a tight roll, but maybe with 5 inches of gap space kind of roll. Look on line and see if you can't find the manufacture and a phone number and ask them.
    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
      When you buy them in the store the big ones come in a heavy cardboard sleeve. I would make it the meat in a heavy cardboard sandwich and put it on the bottom of your cargo spot then put a quilt on top and some boxes. that should keep it safe.
      Agree with Iris Girl!
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

We do a trip ever summer from Florida to the Midwest and I take my machine as well as all my sewing supplies including my large mat. It's a two day trip and we do it in an SUV packed full!! The back of our SUV has a rubber mat we purchased at Home Depot
        And I put the cutting mat under that and then everything else goes on top and I mean everything!! Never had a problem with it warping or anything.

Comment

I have an extremely large mat - 3'x6'. When we moved a few months ago, I rolled it up and used packing tape to hold it in place. When we unpacked, I laid it out on my sewing table and put books on it for about 24 hours. It's just fine.
          If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Comment

Slip it between the mattresses and box springs when you move, whether laying down or standing up, it should be good just as long as it's flat.

Comment

Working...
            X