• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzette
    replied
    Re: Seam width when using precuts

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    You should use the outside edge. Jenny says this in a few of her tutorials also.
    True enough about Jenny using the outside edge in her tutorials, but other quilt instructors use the inside. So it's not an either/or it's really just personal preference and the key is to pick one and be consistent throughout that quilt project. (In fact, I've actually heard Jenny say this in a few of her tutes.)

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

You should use the outside edge. Jenny says this in a few of her tutorials also.

Leave a comment:

• CarolynK
    replied

I use the outside edge as well. Ditto on being consistent - I found out the hard way that it really does matter.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

I use the outside edge.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

Actually, you can use either. Just be consistent throughout your project, whichever you decide to use.

Having said that, I almost always use the outside. But some precuts have a very deep pinked edge while others have a very shallow pinked edge. The deep ones are the ones where I will use the inside to have a more stable seam.

And, welcome!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mazzer
    replied

Welcome to the forum. The outside edge of the zigzag.

Marion

Leave a comment:

• deckerbunch
    started a topic Seam width when using precuts

Seam width when using precuts

This is my first time visiting this forum. I can see that being part of a quilting forum will be a delight.

I have a question. I've never sewn using precuts when exactness of the seam width has been necessary. I'm doing one now. The question is: When using precuts (specifically, a jelly roll) do you measure the 1/4 inch seam from the outside edge of the zigzag, or from the inside edge of the zigzag?
Working...
X