Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Sew Expo's and purchasing products

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has ever purchased a high end product, such as a sewing machine, or table, etc. directly from a Sew Expo they attended.

Can you get good deals?

Thanks
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Re: Regarding Sew Expo's and purchasing products

I did not purchase one, but my friends tell me that the deals are good at the show. You can test drive them, too. Have fun at the expo!
    April

Comment

They sell the models that they have brought to demo and they are discounted at the show. Last year I nearly bought a sit down long arm for about 2/3 the normal price, but changed my mind.

Also, that is how I have bought several products from Martelli, I got the rotating mat for $50 and it sells normal for $135.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I bought a Sew Ezi table. Luckily, they shipped it to me!

Comment

Oh geesh I didn't realize they sold the machines used there, and at a discount!

Ugggg was probably better NOT to know that!

So, when is the Expo coming my way?????
          Cathryn

Comment

Good info. I am very much praying to get a Janome with a big throat at a huge discount. I will not get my hopes up, but I will sure do a lot of wishing.
            Karen

Comment

I bought my Babylock longarm machine at a local quilt show. They had a couple of other longarm dealers there, Pfaff & Gammill I think. I bought the Babylock because it seemed to be the most user friendly for a newbie & the price was right. I got the machine, frame & every accessory they have (except the computer stuff) for $12,000. They financed with zero interest, that was what nailed the deal for me,, I don't like to pay interest but this was the same as paying cash.
              I know the dealer, they have been in business since I was in high school & they are very helpful.
              Hey, if nothing else, you get to try out lots of machines all in one place. I like to do that even when I'm not shopping for a new machine,, My Bad !!
              May the road rise up to meet you...
              May the wind be always at your back...
              May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
              Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I just went to the sewing expo here for the first time this past Saturday. I was planning on purchasing a sewing cabinet for my machine and local stores had told me to wait until the expo. There were only three dealers at the show with cabinets - Sylvia (which I feel is cheap quality particleboard), Koala (which I went with the intent of purchasing) and another called UniqueSewingFurniture.com I had not heard of Unique before. Koala was willing to take $350 off the price, throw in free shipping, a free insert and a free chair. But after comparing to Unique, it was hands down for me because it is solid wood furniture. Ended up purchasing with them. I felt like I got a good deal - free shipping, reduced price, and a free chair. Just the cabinet on their website stated $3900 and I got the cabinet, another set of rolling 4 drawers for storage and the chair for a little over $3100.00

Comment

Wow!! Sounds like a killer deal. I agree, go with the solid wood product. It's sure to last longer than particle board & probably not quite as heavy to move around.
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Kerrya. That does sound like a great deal. I about cried when I got a Koala table, the small size with the back fold down table on it for 2100. Great deal and I really had been wanting it a very long time but putting out that much money, UGH. I love it though. And i really love my machine flush with the table. Now all i need is a great deal on a Janome or other like it with that large throat space
                    Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                      Kerrya. That does sound like a great deal. I about cried when I got a Koala table, the small size with the back fold down table on it for 2100. Great deal and I really had been wanting it a very long time but putting out that much money, UGH. I love it though. And i really love my machine flush with the table. Now all i need is a great deal on a Janome or other like it with that large throat space
                      Prices overall kill me too - but then I realize what my mom has told me over the years. Buy what you really want now because if you wait until retirement years, you won't get it. And I have lived my whole life on a basic Kenmore sewing machine that I got when I was a teenager (45 years ago)! So I really wanted a new machine with a quilting table style cabinet. I finally broke down and gave in. I figure this setup with the Pfaff Performance 5.0 machine should last me the rest of my life.

Comment

I bought the large quilters cutting/sewing cabinet. Got the floor demo cheap since they didn't want to pack it up. They threw in the chair for free.
                        Have a Sewonderful Day,
                        Mary T.

Comment

Yes, you can get fantastic deals. I got my Janome 8900 for $1995/three years same as cash at MQX in Portland in October.
                          The trail is the thing----Louis L'Amour

Comment

Working...
                          X