Where to sell quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to sell quilts?

I'm exploring how and where to sell quilts. I currently have a couple of them on Quilts For Sale and I'm not sure how well they will sell from that site. So, I was thinking of checking out Itsy to possibly use that site. LQS just display quilts that they are giving classes for so I can't go that route. There is a Farmers Market kind of thing that my town has every week, but the cost of a booth space is a little pricey.
    So, what has worked best for you?
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: Where to sell quilts?

I think Etsy can work well, but the problem is getting people to see your shop. There are so many there now! My sister has sold a few things there and I have known other to sell quilts there at good prices too. Never had any luck at markets...they love looking at them but never buy. It is tough to sell.
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

My daughter has been selling on facebook. She started just posting pics of what she's done, and people started asking her to make specific patterns. She now has a waiting list, and has asked me to help make a few. While that may not be an avenue for everyone, it works for her. Point being, don't limit yourself and use every avenue.

Comment

In Jefferson City/Columbia, MO there is someone who is posting quilts for sale on Craigs List. Don't know what type of success they are having, but they keep quilts for sale all the time. They include pics and measurements. Craigs List doesn't cost to post or sell.

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
          In Jefferson City/Columbia, MO there is someone who is posting quilts for sale on Craigs List. Don't know what type of success they are having, but they keep quilts for sale all the time. They include pics and measurements. Craigs List doesn't cost to post or sell.
          Good idea - just be careful and meet in a public place.
          Vonnie

Comment

I'd suggest Craig's list as well. No investment to use the site and easy to set up a meeting point for your buyers. Good luck. If you try it let us know how it works out. The big question I always want answered is what to charge.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

[QUOTE=rebeccas-sewing;482140. The big question I always want answered is what to charge.[/QUOTE]

Go into a site such as Etsy or see what's being charged on Craig's list (we don't have that here in England).

You need to know what the size of the quilt is too. Find one similar to what you've made.

Here's an example worked in Pounds Sterling:

Size of quilt: 56" x 75", price £156.32.

How many square inches it that? 56 x 75 = 4200 square inches.

Divide the price £156.32, by the number of square inches 4200. This gives a price of £0.037 per square inch.

Let's say your quilt is a similar design and measures 37" x 37".

How many square inches is that? 37 x 37 = 1369 square inches.

Now multiple this by £0.037 and you get ......£50.65.

This gives you an idea of what to charge. Check you've used the same quality fabric, a similar style of quilting and a similar quality batting. Adjust your price accordingly.

Comment

I have very little luck on Etsy only two quilts great luck on Ebay I used the fixed price and don't, don't use the auction unless you put a set amount on them
                Originally posted by brook View Post
                I'm exploring how and where to sell quilts. I currently have a couple of them on Quilts For Sale and I'm not sure how well they will sell from that site. So, I was thinking of checking out Itsy to possibly use that site. LQS just display quilts that they are giving classes for so I can't go that route. There is a Farmers Market kind of thing that my town has every week, but the cost of a booth space is a little pricey.
                So, what has worked best for you?
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I've seen them posted on Facebook and sold really fast!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X