I'm at a standstill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at a standstill

This was my February UFO project. I've got it almost do e but I'm stuck on how to quilt it. The pattern has loops with flowers and leaves..I think..here is the pattern pic. image.jpg
    The loops I can do but I'm not quite ready for the flowers and leaves yet. How would you quilt it if it was yours? This is mine.
    image.jpg
    Thanks for looking and I will take all suggestions.
    Funny how the pic came out...the borders are the same color teal as the triangles in the quilt.
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Re: I'm at a standstill

Could you just do loops all over? Your quilt is beautiful, so whatever you decide will lolk good.

Comment

No suggestions, just wanted to tell you how pretty I think it is
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

It's very pretty. Send it to MSQC and have them quilt it for you - they do an awesome job and will make excellent suggestions for a quilting pattern.
        Dawn
        A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Thanks everyone...I think I am going to do the all over loops. I might try to add in a 5 petal flower here and there.
          Dawn, unfortunately sending to M* is not an option. I really don't have the extra in the budget to send my quilts out. I really enjoy doing them myself, sometimes I'm just not sure what I should do.
          Cil

Comment

you could always just follow the lines and quilt inside the triangles
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Your quilt is darling! I copied this picture a while back, someday I want to do one using this pattern.

Comment

I love your quilt! I think I would do loops as well, but perhaps you could add in some heart in that... I did that with a few of my quilts and it's really easy... just go into the bottom of the heart instead of a loop, go into the top and then finish by crossing over the bottom of the heart again, then go into another loop. I always practice on paper with a pen first so that I can get the hang of it easily.

Comment

I think loops all over with a few flowers sprinkled in would be beautiful. You done a great job. I also enjoy doing it myself, plus it saves money for more fabric. How about a stencil you could trace and follow?
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Adding leaves to your loops is easier than you might think. A leaf is just a lightly pointed loop with a vein put down the middle. Daisies are just several loops connected at the base. Give it a try on a sample sandwich and you will be amazed at your skill.
                    I have been trying adding a bit to my basic meander or loopy doopies and it has been a confidence builder. Specially after the quilt is washed you will be delighted with your work.

Comment

Originally posted by turena65 View Post
                      I love your quilt! I think I would do loops as well, but perhaps you could add in some heart in that... I did that with a few of my quilts and it's really easy... just go into the bottom of the heart instead of a loop, go into the top and then finish by crossing over the bottom of the heart again, then go into another loop. I always practice on paper with a pen first so that I can get the hang of it easily.
                      I do this too. When you get to the bottom of a heart, linger a second there before returning to the top. this means you'll get a point at teh bottom of the heart and not a curve. They look like apples if you get a curve at the bottom.

Comment

Yes, some hearts and leaves with a nice meander or loops would be awesome! It would add even more motion to your stunning quilt.
                        This tut might be just what you're looking for: Happy Quilting: Loopy Daisy and Heart Leaf - A Free Motion Quilting Tutorial

I found another picture tut on loopy leaves: Quilting Tutorials: Free Motion Quilting - Heart Shaped Leaves

Anyway you quilt this quilt it will be beautiful. The top is just awesome.
                        Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; March 3, 2014, 11:04 AM.
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I really like the idea of the flowers and hearts Cyndi. I might even try it. My problem is that I still can't get an even stitch..sometimes I get a longer or shorter stitch mixed in. Also, I'm bad at tracing back over a line, but I'm working on it.
                          That is on my agenda for today, so I'll let you know how it works out! Thanks for all of the encouragement.
                          Cil

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                            Your quilt is darling! I copied this picture a while back, someday I want to do one using this pattern.
                            We talked about this quilt awhile back and I couldn't figure out how to make it without the pattern. So, I ended up buying the pattern. I'm glad I did cause I'm not sure if I would have been able to make the quilt without it. I'm happy with it so far.
                            Cil

Comment

The quilting will not show up very well in the busy center so I would do an all-over design in there. However, you could really shine with a border quilting pattern on that solid blue. It will be beautiful. Don't give up.
                              Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
                              Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

Working...
                              X