Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frixion pens

i would like to know if a certain color frixion pen works on dark fabric
    i have used the black on light fabric and wondered if the colors work just as good

Re: frixion pens

Good question. I use white pencils to mark on dark fabric...I don't know of any color that shows up well on really dark colors.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I use the frixion pens quite often on light fabrics. On dark fabrics I use slivers of bath soap that are to small to use for bathing.
      Judy :icon_wave:
      Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Comment

Depends. I just used my orange frixion pen on a dark green fabric. It was so-so. Couldn't see the light green pen on the dark green fabric at all. For really dark fabrics I use my white marking pencil.

Comment

I use my white leaded pencil on black fabric. It works great!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by tennesseesews View Post
            I use the frixion pens quite often on light fabrics. On dark fabrics I use slivers of bath soap that are to small to use for bathing.
            And you know they'll wash out!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I use my white pencil, but the idea of soap slivers sounds good too - finally a good usd for those devils!

Comment

i use the florescent yellow MARKER on black and it worked.
                :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

I just bought and used fons & porters ceramic pen to mark on a ver dark maroon & black fabric, worked great.
                  Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Where do you get these frixon pens? Do they sell them at Joann or Office Depot?
                    May the road rise up to meet you...
                    May the wind be always at your back...
                    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I love the white Bohin on the dark fabric (White Mechanical Pencil (.9mm) - Bohin) which can be erased or washed out and typically use the black Frixion on light colored fabric. Both are "must haves".

Comment

Originally posted by debny View Post
                        i have used the black on light fabric and wondered if the colors work just as good
                        I saw a video with Sharon Schamber once where she explained about Frixion pens. Since she is just about the most gifted quilter I have ever sen in my life, I believe her! And now I can't find the video ANYWHERE!

I did take notes, however, when I watched it the first time, so this is what she said, in a nutshell:

Sharon Schamber's FMQ video, the first part Sharon explains the deal with the Frixion pens!

She said when you just heat to remove the marks with a dry iron, it leaves behind the gel in the ink, which is what reappears when cold. It is also the white lines you see on dark fabric.

HOWEVER, if you use STEAM to remove the marks, it dissolves the gel into the batting, and it does NOT reappear!

On dark fabric she uses a red pen, uses a dry heat iron to get the white lines to show on the fabric, then uses steam to remove them when she is done!
                        Cathryn

Comment

I use a white lead pencil, tailor's chalk or a Pounce pad to mark on dark fabric. The Pounce pad is especially good for transferring template designs onto a quilt.

Comment

I have used those pens and it has ruined my fabrics it bleached them out and it looks horrible be careful!!!! test first
                            Originally posted by debny View Post
                            sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
                              Where do you get these frixon pens? Do they sell them at Joann or Office Depot?
                              Mine came from M* as a free gift in an order???I had no problems with it coming out with heat and tested by putting it in the freezer after removing.
                              Mary
                              SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X