Jenny's binding tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny's binding tutorial

I used Jenny's tutorial for binding that has you cut the tail whatever the width of your binding and then you sew the two strips together. I thought it was perfect but ended up with a very small pucker when I finished sewing. I suppose it was from the sewing process? At any rate, I left it and finished my quilt. Nothing like a little character I think

But I was wondering how would one fix that? The pucker was very small like 1/16th worth.
    Sharon

Re: Jenny's binding tutorial

I love this method. When I sew my ends together I baste first and then check to see how it lays. If it looks good I sew it and trim otherwise it's easy to take the stitches out. Sounds like maybe the binding was a little long when you sewed it on.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I was shown that method a few years ago and it is by far my favorite, I use it all the time.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Could have been but it looked good laying so I sewed, lol. In no way am I an expert seamstress, so it could be that I stretched it some when I sewed.
        Sharon

Comment

Jenny's binding tutorial makes binding look so easy. I don't think I'll be afraid to tackle binding after watching it.

Comment

I have struggled with this for years, until I saw Jenny's tut on cutting the tail the width of the binding. I now use this method and have had wonderful results. I do like the idea of sewing a basting seam first, and will do that in the future.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I use this method, but I do not use bias cut binding. That could be the "why" to the pucker. Cutting the end just a tad shorter may also reduce the chance of a tuck or pucker.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaB View Post
                But I was wondering how would one fix that? The pucker was very small like 1/16th worth.
                Remove a few inches of the stitching that is holding the binding in place at the joint. Try steaming to see if the heat and moisture will bring the binding back into place. Press when cool enough to touch with your hand and not the iron.

Comment

Working...
                X