applique needle choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

applique needle choice

I am appliqueing lettering to the center of a wall hanging with a rather tight zigzag stitch. What needle size would you recommend?

Re: applique needle choice

I think it would depend on your machine but maybe someone else knows. I just use the same needle for everything and my machine seems okay with that.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I just put up a thread about needles from what I learned from Superior Threads. They recommend Topstitch needles for all types of sewing. Check out what they have to say about them on my post. I had never heard about Topstitch needles and always have just used Universal needles. Apparently there are differences. Good question, BTW.
      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

I wish I would have seen your post prior to going to Sew Expo! Their booth is one I always stop by for thread. I noticed they always have a wide variety of needles, but have never looked at them or bought any. If I'm there next year, I'll have to be sure to look!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Cyndi,
          Thanks for sharing that info. I will surely give that a try. I was using a Universal needle and the holes it was making what seemed to me fairly large holes. Thanks again!

Comment

I bought some top stitch needles and never used them. I'm starting an applique project too. Good to know.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I use the smallest size I can get away with for my thread choice. I like Microtex Sharps the best for piecing and applique, and Topstitch for quilting and embroidery.
              Cathryn

Comment

I was told by another quilter she uses topstitch for everything.I use them for piecing also. I liked microtec but now don`t bother changing.
                Gale

Comment

Originally posted by qcquilter View Post
                  Cyndi,
                  Thanks for sharing that info. I will surely give that a try. I was using a Universal needle and the holes it was making what seemed to me fairly large holes. Thanks again!
                  use a 100 or higher (number is higher) the higher the number the thinner the needle...so to speak. But you have to use the thinner thread too as the eye of the needle is thinner so it needs a thinner thread to go through it...at least that is what I have read.
                  Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X