Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best magazine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is the best magazine

    I am new to quilting and this forum. Can anyone suggest the best Quilting Magazine to read and get patterns. Thanks for any info.

    #2
    Re: What is the best magazine

    My best suggestion is to go to your local quilt store, library or grocery store & look through the various magazines. They all show the level of difficulty for each pattern, beginner, intermediate or advanced. Depending on your quilting experience you can choose a magazine with patterns you want to try. I would suggest not subscribing until you've checked out several publications to see what they are like.
    The new Missouri Star magazine Blocks is also very good. You can buy it here on the website.
    BTW Welcome to the forum :-)
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

    Comment


      #3
      Re: What is the best magazine

      If you can find any "Quilting Quickly" issues featuring Jenny Doan on the stands or buy one from this site, I would do that. And in just a bit her new magazine is being published and out for sale. It will be called "Block". It should be out any day now. Order that. Or subscribe to it.

      I believe you can get an issue or two of the Quilting Quickly here.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: What is the best magazine

        Thank you both very much! Another question: Is the fabric from Marshall Dry Goods a good quality?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: What is the best magazine

          I don't know, I buy 90% of my fabric here on M* and the other 10% from online quilting sources.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: What is the best magazine

            I'm a new quilter, I've loved Quilty but I also am awaiting for Block to be mailed out!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: What is the best magazine

              I love the Quilting Quickly, I've also had some success with Simplicity, and Better Homes and Gardens with their easier quilting magazines. I am really looking forward to BLOCK brand new from M*QC. Welcome, it would help to know what to recommend, if we knew your background and skill set in quilting. On this forum we range from Brand New to Highly Skilled and everywhere in-between.
              sigpicMiss Sheri

              For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: What is the best magazine

                I really like Quilter's World magazine and I subscribe to their online version. I love their fresh designs and their range of difficulty. Most of their quilt patterns are easy to moderately easy with a few challenging thrown in from time to time.

                While I did not subscribe to Jenny's new magazine, Block, (I am moving soon and I didn't want the hassle of change of address part way in and maybe missing issues), I am sure it will be great! And I do love her weekly tutorials on YouTube!
                Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

                Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: What is the best magazine

                  I have obtained a lot of older quilting magazines from ebay. You can get lots of 5 or 6 magazines relatively inexpensively. They are fun to look at! As for current magazines, one that I have enjoyed is called Quilt Sampler (I think that is the name). It highlights interesting quilt shops around the country as well as including patterns and techniques.

                  sigpic
                  Marci

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X