X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LorraineRob
    replied
    Re: What would you do ...

Thank you very much brenmar. Another shop to take my pennies, lol. In all my googling, I'd not once come across that one.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Will you be quilting it yourself? Might want to choose the backing fabric that looks well with the thread you will be using. Me, I like to hide my quilting because no matter how careful there are errors.

Leave a comment:

• brenmar
    replied

Originally posted by LorraineRob View Post
    That's a fabulous quilt that one is. I think either would look great but if it was me, I'd actually use the cream. I plan on doing light backs on my quilts.

As an aside, where did you manage to find the wide fabric please?
    Lorraine -
    Quiltbacks UK Shop ... surprise, suprise. They will send samples.

Leave a comment:

• LorraineRob
    replied

That's a fabulous quilt that one is. I think either would look great but if it was me, I'd actually use the cream. I plan on doing light backs on my quilts.

As an aside, where did you manage to find the wide fabric please?

Leave a comment:

• DCM
    replied

If it's a quilt that going to be used frequently I'd go with the brown - cream will look dirty more quickly than the brown.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I like color on the back of my quilts. I would go with the brown.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

That's a lovely quilt! And both your backing choices sound like they would work very well. I personally have no problem putting a cream backing on my quilts (and have, many, many times ), but you seem reluctant, so maybe go with the dark brown?

Leave a comment:

• brenmar
    started a topic What would you do ...

What would you do ...

I've made the Big Star Quilt exactly like Jenny's tutorial - same fabric etc.

The Big Star Quilt - Quilting Made Easy! - YouTube

There's not a lot of choice of 108" wide backing fabric here in the UK (I don't want to piece) and I have two samples. One is a small patterned dark brown which blends well with the quilt top colours - the other is a cream on cream design. Which would you go for - cream doesn't seem right for a backing somehow.
Working...
X